Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh to Dolphins?

Lions could be left with no picks from the 201 & -2011 draft classes.

From the article:

"They're like most teams in that they sing the virtues of building through the NFL draft, but if they lose their two most high-profile free agents this off-season, the Detroit Lions will have nothing left to show for two recent draft classes that should comprise the nucleus of their team."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/03/06/detroit-lions-nfl-draft-history/24491305/

Last edited:
Problem with Mayhew's BPA philosophy is his inability to understand talent enough to actually get the Best Player available. He continually gets good enough talent, but nearly every pick has been shown to not be the most talented player. He was doing ok with first rounders, but Best had obvious concussion issues so he shoukd never have been drafted and Ebron just flat out sucks. So much better talent than fucking Ebron. That pick alone shoukd have resulted in Mayhew's termination last year.

yeah, Ebron pick looking pretty bad right now considering the performance of players we passed up. Maybe he puts it all together in second year but it is not looking that way.

LKP explaining why Mayhew is actually doing a good job in 3...2...1...

11-5. No explanation needed

Im an idiot remember...and even i predicted 10 wins. Any idiot could have predicted a winning record vs one of the easiest schedules in the nfl in a division with the vikings and bears. They tried really hard to fuck that up by having a bottom third offense and pulling out 4 miracle last minute wins. One n done..yippie.

Im an idiot remember...and even i predicted 10 wins. Any idiot could have predicted a winning record vs one of the easiest schedules in the nfl in a division with the vikings and bears. They tried really hard to fuck that up by having a bottom third offense and pulling out 4 miracle last minute wins. One n done..yippie.

Lions just made the schedule look easy. Very talented. You were dead wrong we would be lucky to 10 wins. We took care of 11 teams and earned every win

We will find out very soon if suh was ever serious about anything else but money. Miami doesn't make sense to me on a lot of levels outside of the contract. Oh well.

Women, Weather, Tax, Yachts, Caribbean, Clubs, Beaches, Tax.

Women, Weather, Tax, Yachts, Caribbean, Clubs, Beaches, Tax.

Yeah but suh was always about his brand and wanting to be in a market. Florida sports teams are NOT that. He is a business man, he likes the bright lights and cameras. Hence warren buffet and jay z agency.

Last edited:
Whatever he ends up is exactly where he wanted to end up and I'm anxious to see where that is. It'll be pretty telling about his intentions. I do think that he didn't want to resign though.

11-5. No explanation needed

Probably the most uninspiring 11-5 season in the history of the NFL.

By that I mean they didn't provide enough excitement nor confidence so most fans are anticipating another season of missing the playoffs.

But I'm sticking with my 19-0 prediction for next year nonetheless. That's right, undefeated next year, with or without Suh it does not matter.

Probably the most uninspiring 11-5 season in the history of the NFL.

By that I mean they didn't provide enough excitement nor confidence so most fans are anticipating another season of missing the playoffs.

But I'm sticking with my 19-0 prediction for next year nonetheless. That's right, undefeated next year, with or without Suh it does not matter.

Confidence I'll agree with, but excitement? Shit, they were exciting last year with all the come from behind wins.

Different kind of excitement. I was referring to excitement in anticipation for next season. I think there is expectation of another non-playoff season next year, so there is almost more dread than hope.

History sides with their inability to visit the playoffs next year. Lions are like the low income family that has to save up to visit Disney once every 5-10 years. Its sad and unfortunate, but unless they get an unexpected inheritance or gift or miracle of some type like a lottery mega jackpot....that's the expectation. Hard to find excitement in that, at least for next year.

Back