Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Supreme Court Sides With Colorado Baker Who Turned Away Gay Couple

Here is an article from the Huffington Post about, amongst other things, the gay wedding of the couple in the story.

Despite everything, it appears the couple managed to score a lovely wedding cake, nevertheless.

Last edited:
I'm just glad Buckeyes are not a protected class and a baker is free to refuse to bake OSU cakes.

I guess someone who refuses to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple could also just be extremely ignorant, or stupid.

then you'd have a couple things in common with them. However, unless they said something to indicate they hate gay people, you're the only one we would know for sure is a bigot.

Last edited:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ng-cake-shop-case_us_5b15ce75e4b0129b529d3a12

This is weird. In her dissent, Ginsburg makes a distinction between a wedding cake for a couple's wedding where that couple is gay as opposed to a cake about gay marriage. Is the cake primarily a cake about gay marriage in general and therefore speech or is it a wedding cake first.

What I think is so weird about that is that it has nothing to do with the narrow court hostility problem I thought this case was supposed to have hinged on.

Sorry. Spartans too.

yes-the-hate.jpg

Darth Vader would never wear yellow or maize or whatever you call it or endorse a program that did. Everyone knows that. I think Jesse James said it best - yellow is the universal color for cowardice.

Last edited:
Darth Vader would never wear yellow or maize or whatever you call it or endorse a program that did. Everyone knows that. I think Jesse James said it best - yellow is the universal color for cowardice.

Jesse James is a terrible source to turn to for wisdom, particularly on the subject of cowardice. If you want to talk about shooting unarmed people and getting shot while you're unarmed, then ok, tell me what Jesse James has to say about it.

Before the fall of the Jedi Order, a yellow lightsaber indicated a Jedi Sentinel, which was someone that balanced their combat and scholarly pursuits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQ2bNFRZFw

Jesse James is a terrible source to turn to for wisdom, particularly on the subject of cowardice. If you want to talk about shooting unarmed people and getting shot while you're unarmed, then ok, tell me what Jesse James has to say about it.

wrong Jesse James - the quote came from the guy that builds custom motorcycles. Although, if I'm not mistaken, I believe he claims to be a descendant of the outlaw. If I recall correctly, I think it was in a story about how he refused to make a custom bike for Sylvester Stallone because Stallone wanted it painted yellow. And it's not his wisdom I'm relying on - the guy is a meathead. I just like the story and it's a humorous way to get the point across about the universal understanding of what yellow signifies.

Before the fall of the Jedi Order, a yellow lightsaber indicated a Jedi Sentinel, which was someone that balanced their combat and scholarly pursuits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQ2bNFRZFw

so yellow lightsabers identified the jedi nerds? I wonder if they were also a bit more "chicken" than other Jedi or if they resented the fact that their lightsabers had to be yellow.

Last edited:
so yellow lightsabers identified the jedi nerds? I wonder if they were also a bit more "chicken" than other Jedi or if they resented the fact that their lightsabers had to be yellow.

Typical Spartan attitude, finding fault in education. Don't historians question whether or not the historical Spartans were even literate?

thank goodness everyone here is mature enough to not engage in such tactics, like no one here would ever say that people who don't want to participate in something that violates their deeply held religious beliefs

Deeply held religious beliefs are learned. Probably forced onto, er...I mean passed down through the generations. Being gay isn't a choice. So why is someones learned behavior of discriminating against a sector of people given precedence here? This is no different than if the baker had refused service because the couple were black. There is far too much spoon-feeding of religion onto society nowadays. Have your faith or belief. Nobody is stopping that. But quit forcing it onto others.

Deeply held religious beliefs are learned. Probably forced onto, er...I mean passed down through the generations. Being gay isn't a choice. So why is someones learned behavior of discriminating against a sector of people given precedence here? This is no different than if the baker had refused service because the couple were black. There is far too much spoon-feeding of religion onto society nowadays. Have your faith or belief. Nobody is stopping that. But quit forcing it onto others.

Who's forcing it? Even on this site we have a thread "Today's example of Christians behaving badly." but there's no thread about non Christians behaving badly."

You bring up religion and people freak, yet the opposite is okay. They talk about God is a joke, and fake - and yet it's okay? And of course it's okay for a restaurant to kick out an aide to the President. Jeez.

Who's forcing it? Even on this site we have a thread "Today's example of Christians behaving badly." but there's no thread about non Christians behaving badly."

You bring up religion and people freak, yet the opposite is okay. They talk about God is a joke, and fake - and yet it's okay? And of course it's okay for a restaurant to kick out an aide to the President. Jeez.

You could start a thread like that if you wanted. There was a converted Jewish guy who used to post here who started one, but it didn't seem to gain traction.

We have a lot of believers on this board and none of them seem shy to express their beliefs from what I've seen, and I haven't seen anybody freak.

Back