Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Annual Show us how You're better than the GM Thread

mhughes0021

How you would have drafted with the guys available?

Most of us were hoping for some different guys in this years draft. What was your strategy?

Fill more starter holes?
Were there guys you just thought that were BPA?

Or are you LKP where you come on here to tell us how every pick was perfect and how awesome the GM is every year?

How you would have drafted with the guys available?

Most of us were hoping for some different guys in this years draft. What was your strategy?

Fill more starter holes?
Were there guys you just thought that were BPA?

Or are you LKP where you come on here to tell us how every pick was perfect and how awesome the GM is every year?

I liked the draft but I wish we could have gotten a S.

Last edited:
7) Penei Sewell OT
Finish the Oline that you started. Great Pick

41) Trevon Moehrig S
Need a starting S over Will Harris. Harris should never see the field in an NFL game again. If you cant cover, you cant tackle and you cant cause turnovers....dont need you out there.

72) Dyami Brown WR
Certified Deep threat. We have no starting calibur WRs signed next year.

101) Baron Browning LB
Need someone next to Collins not named Anzalone. That is all.

112) Jabril Cox LB
See the notes from pick 101. BPA pick here also after he slid due to comming off injury. Great cover LB that can be used on 3rd downs if hes not an every down guy.

113) Tyler Shelvin DT
Yes...we need ONE DT next to Brockers that is an upgrade over Nick Williams/D'shawn Hand. Not 2....1.

257) Shakur Brown CB
slightly undersized ballhawk. Perfect for the slot.

Last edited:
I was pretty pleased with the draft. Wouldn't have hated it if we would've traded back into the 2nd rd and grabbed one of the slot wrs. Rondale, Eskridge or Atwell would've made me happy. But they got pretty good value with St Brown in the 4th so I can't complain too much.

I was hoping for another Linebacker, but overall I'm not mad at this draft. I think each pick they made helped out in some way. Well the RB isn't my favorite choice, but oh well. Special teamer most likely anyway.

Another Lions hall of famer, Mongo George Papadapolis - and long over due.

I would have not taken 2 DTs. I would have drafted a LB in stead of McNeil. Either Browning or Cox.

I just feel we were better set at DT than LB going into the draft.

We needed a nose tackle and a 3 tech for long term. Really nose this season. Willaims and Hand on final year. Brockers and Owuzurike can play 3 tech or base end too.

Cox has shoulder issues. So Barnes is fine..we shall see there

Browning doesnt wow me enough over Ife. Dunbar one year and the young cbs have questions. Ife can be big slot or safety too possibly. Versatile

St Brown just as good of chance as Dyami and gotten in 4th not 3rd

But agree we need a short term vet safety now

Hooker, Tre Boston or Vaccaro all sitting out there. Ifes brother obi also available too. More brother connections

I would have not taken 2 DTs. I would have drafted a LB in stead of McNeil. Either Browning or Cox.

I just feel we were better set at DT than LB going into the draft.

DT is not OT where you play every down. LB are weak but as everyone says this is not a one year rebuild. Get the LB next draft.

I love this draft. Only possible complaint is we didn't trade down anywhere and lost a 4th next year. Amon-Ra is the next golden tate and will star immediately barring a complete shit show at QB.

https://youtu.be/NxNboIXgu7M

Better DLine play should make the rest of the defense better. Being able to have a solid rotation should keep players fresh. Still have camp cuts to pick up some lb?s and a safety. Overall I think it?s a pretty solid draft. But have to wait and see

I like Tyler shough. But we will need WR and DE bad next year.

S and LB as well.

Last edited:
I'd like to see what Perriman and Williams do first. They intrigue me. And of course our new rooks.

Both 1 year deals so they need to perform. I love jonathon adams lol... hope he makes the team.

This system is more 2 lbs only it seems..Collins, Anzalone and Barnes is fine. Rush lbs from Okwaras

I love the draft but that is not fine.

Collins is a solid to good LB. Anzalone graded well in coverage, his issue is injuries. Barnes is a rookie with good range, instincts and great tackling ability. He played edge and off ball. Do they need a game changing LB yes, but they have enough talent to be solid. Especially mainly playing 2 LBs only.

Tavai is off the field and Dline in front should be better so therefore the LBs can be fine. Plus FAs out there still too if you want one more.

This system is more 2 lbs only it seems..Collins, Anzalone and Barnes is fine. Rush lbs from Okwaras

So when Anzalone goes down for the year with a torn ACL week 5, Collins misses a month with a high ankle sprain and Barnes isn't system ready.....then what? Tavai and.....??? See how that quickly becomes a VERY shitty situation.

Depth matters in this league, now more than ever. Kwon Alexander and a June 1 cut would be a nice way to fill out the LB room. If Tavai even makes the team it means we have the worst LB corp in the league.

Back