Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Indians are quietly getting good.

You're prediction is 1 for 3 so far.

You said they would be second place, so far, so good. But a week ago they were tied with KC.

You said they were getting good; They're not, 3 games over .500 is mediocre, especially in the central.

You said they might sneak a wildcard; Don Kelly has a better chance at winning the MVP than the Indians do at a wildcard.

You're prediction is 1 for 3 so far.

You said they would be second place, so far, so good. But a week ago they were tied with KC.

You said they were getting good; They're not, 3 games over .500 is mediocre, especially in the central.

You said they might sneak a wildcard; Don Kelly has a better chance at winning the MVP than the Indians do at a wildcard.

Don Kelly has a 30% chance at MVP? I don't even think miggy has that much of a chance.... You must be hanging out with leyland to much.

Don Kelly has a 30% chance at MVP? I don't even think miggy has that much of a chance.... You must be hanging out with leyland to much.

There are 4 teams ahead of Cleveland for Wild Card. TBR has more wins, but has a slightly worse winning%. .514 vs .513

Odds do not favor CLE surpassing all 5 of these teams. Certainly not the top 2 teams, which they would mean they would have to overtake DET in order to have just as good of a record.

Last edited:
There are 4 teams ahead of Cleveland for Wild Card. TBR has more wins, but has a slightly worse winning%. .514 vs .513

Odds do not favor CLE surpassing all 5 of these teams. Certainly not the top 2 teams, which they would mean they would have to overtake DET in order to have just as good of a record.

Ok.

Injuns are now quietly getting bad again. Their play is reminiscent of a roller coaster at Cedar Point.

Last edited:
They were never good. They beat up on the terrible White Sox, while we floundered and let them gain ground.

The word good should never be used to describe Cleveland Indians unless you're talking about their hot dogs and mustard.

They were never good. They beat up on the terrible White Sox, while we floundered and let them gain ground.

The word good should never be used to describe Cleveland Indians unless you're talking about their hot dogs and mustard.

How about not terrible. Can we agree the Indians are not terrible to the degree in which they could get lucky and back themselves into the playoffs like the cardinals seem to do every other year.

How about not terrible. Can we agree the Indians are not terrible to the degree in which they could get lucky and back themselves into the playoffs like the cardinals seem to do every other year.

No, because they cant.

No. 2 wildcard spots and every team in the AL east is a contender for those plus whoever ends up second between the Rangers/A's.

Almost 0 chance the Indians sneak in a make the playoffs, would require too many other teams absolutely falling to pieces.

No. 2 wildcard spots and every team in the AL east is a contender for those plus whoever ends up second between the Rangers/A's.

Almost 0 chance the Indians sneak in a make the playoffs, would require too many other teams absolutely falling to pieces.

You can miss the playoffs and still not be a bad team.

Indians are alright. They need good pitching like the Royals need more bats.

Since June 23:

BOS 49-28 .636
OAK 47-29 .618
DET 48-32 .600

TBR 45-32 .584
CLE 46-34 .575
KCR 46-34 .575

LAA 42-35 .545
TEX 39-38 .508
BAL 39-38 .508
NYY 40-39 .506

Cleveland overtook 3 teams that no expert would have believed would have played about .500 ball since June 23rd. Maybe 1 of the 3 teams, but not all 3 teams.

ill admit i had no idea they'd actually manage to finish over .500 this year, let alone be fighting for a WC spot, their pitching just isnt that good.

of course, i also never thought theyd molest the white sux to the tune of 15-2 so far, either. should be interesting to see how the season ends.

Last edited:
Well, three left for two spots.

Does anybody care about the outcomes? Is anybody going to be paying attention to these three games?

Well, three left for two spots.

Does anybody care about the outcomes? Is anybody going to be paying attention to these three games?

Not particularly. I dont think any of the 3 teams will beat Boston in the ALDS, so I havent really been caring.

Indians finish one game back of Detroit and sitting at home waiting for TB and TX to have a one game play off. Not a bad spot to be in IMO. I don't think any of those three will beat Boston but you never know. I will be rooting for the Indians to make it to the ALCS

Back