Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tigers99888 said:
Well it started out awesome, but now it's just a decent class.. BTW Ohio is kicking the shit out of us in recruiting this year, probation and all.. Fuck Rural Meyer...

I wouldn't go that far. It's pretty even and Michigan is doing better in Ohio than they have in 10 years. Let Ohio recruit nationally and when Urban struggles in the B1G these first couple years it will be that much harder for him. Michigan needs to just keep winning. The only thing that matters.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
tigers99888 said:
Well it started out awesome, but now it's just a decent class.. BTW Ohio is kicking the shit out of us in recruiting this year, probation and all.. Fuck Rural Meyer...

I wouldn't go that far. It's pretty even and Michigan is doing better in Ohio than they have in 10 years. Let Ohio recruit nationally and when Urban struggles in the B1G these first couple years it will be that much harder for him. Michigan needs to just keep winning. The only thing that matters.

Winning and changing your Signature, because it looks like you love Homo's.

lostleader said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

Winning and changing your Signature, because it looks like you love Homo's.

I do..

you have to recall Meyer booted a half-dozen kids too. he made room for the flip-floppers and last minute commits. plus, nobody saw Penn State coming and what program benefits more from it than Ohio* ?

Hell Meyer is having a better recruiting class than most of Tressels season.. Tressel has had some decent recruiting class but only 1 or 2 elite ones..

Willie Henry is very close to committing, reports are out that he did but they weren't supposed to be released yet. He will announce it tomorrow.

Maize&blue21 said:
Willie Henry is very close to committing, reports are out that he did but they weren't supposed to be released yet. He will announce it tomorrow.

His coach Ted Ginn SR confirmed it.. What a dick if the kid wanted to have fun with it.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":q8nymjoc]Willie Henry is very close to committing, reports are out that he did but they weren't supposed to be released yet. He will announce it tomorrow.

His coach Ted Ginn SR confirmed it.. What a dick if the kid wanted to have fun with it.[/quote:q8nymjoc]Dude if we can get into Glenville i don't care.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":9qgq7lfd]

His coach Ted Ginn SR confirmed it.. What a dick if the kid wanted to have fun with it.
Dude if we can get into Glenville i don't care.[/quote:9qgq7lfd]

Agreed. There's always talent there.

Do we have any outside shot at Jordan payton? Apparently he is reannouncing at 1:30 tomorrow on espnu. That is prolly Cali time though.

TomVH said it was about 50/50 for Michigan and Washington. Seemed to be the two possibilities, at least a week ago or so.

Nice...I didn't even know he was considering decomiting untill about an hour ago.

If we could somehow snag payton I would be happy. I still think he stays out west. But with our WR situation right now he would have a chance to play right away and fill an obvious need.

He just visited UW and committed to Cal because of Tosh Lupoi, who is now at UW. Do the math.

Maize&blue21 said:
He just visited UW and committed to Cal because of Tosh Lupoi, who is now at UW. Do the math.

Oh I know its a long shot. I would love to know what Lupoi tells these kids to get them to commit all over the place just because of him.

So Willie Henry has made it official and has committed to UofM. I don't what the deal was with Ted Ginn Sr trying to leak it out last night, but it didn't affect Henry's decision.

I don't know if I'm that excited over Willie Henry. Yes, there are plenty of 3 star contributors on the team. Would the coaches have offered this guy if they hadn't missed on higher rated prospects? Are they taking a flyer on this kid because they have a few scholarships open? Is this a kid that they just didn't realize was good enough to play for Michigan until a week ago?

Don't give me the stuff about getting into Glenville either. Michigan could pick up a low rated player from Glenville anytime they want.

That being said, if they are truly taking a flier on the guy, then its good to get him from the midwest. I still don't think they are all of a sudden going to make inroads into Glenville, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back