Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIVE 4* Offensive Linemen in one class, all before February is over - average size: 6'5" 300lbs

This kid doesn't have much upside but he is technically sounds as his father is the Oline coach for the Steelers. He should be a solid contributor and instant depth guy.

Wake up, top 100 commitment, wake up, top 100 commitment, wake up, top 100 commitment. I'm liking this.

I read on tvh that we were only giving up one more offensive lineman spot, doe this mean were not getting a center? What about other positions and how many more recruits are left = 11?

The best part of this commit is he blew off going up to see Asstonio on Spartys junior day

kiddkush said:
I read on tvh that we were only giving up one more offensive lineman spot, doe this mean were not getting a center? What about other positions and how many more recruits are left = 11?
Kugler is the Center. Also he is only saying that because at the end of the cycle we may end up taking another OL if it lines up just right. 2-3 LBs, 3 DL, 1-2 DB, 1 RB, maybe 1 TE, and 1-2 WR.

im sure we will be getting some spartan tears for the next few years.

I wonder how much of the good recruiting so far is because of Hoke and MAttison and last year vs Shane Morris out there recruiting these kids?

Can this recruiting keep up in future years?

the program was in a re-building phase from the end of Carr through last season. Michigan is back

201d74ba.jpg

"Tom VanHaaren reports that Kugler will play offensive guard or center for Michigan, and according to Sam Webb, Kugler is the final offensive linemen Michigan is planning to take for its 2013 class. With five committed for 2013 and four in the 2012 class, the Wolverines appear to be set. Amazingly, of those nine offensive line commits for 2013 and 2012, seven are four-star recruits, one is a five-star recruit and only one is a three-star recruit. That bodes quite well for Michigan's offensive line going forward."

What a great pickup! He is widely regarded around the suburban Pittsburgh area as the best offensive lineman in the WPIAL. This past season, his team went up against the other top OL, Adam Bisnotaway (Rivals 4 star, Pitt commit) and granted only seeing Bisnotaway play in that one game, this might be unfair, but I'm in agreement with those who put Kugler ahead of him. I've seen Kugler play now for two years (I live in the district he plays in and go to the home games) and he's as strong a run blocker as I've seen. He plays tackle right now, and I agree with everything written about him moving inside at UM because I don't see him translating well to the outside in the B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back