Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Mike McCray he said his mind is already made up and he will be visiting on the 6th while soon after announcing. Put two and two together, he is most likely going to commit here. He has Jaron Dukes and Taco Charlton in his ear so even if OSU were to offer I don't think he would flip.

Maize&blue21 said:
On Mike McCray he said his mind is already made up and he will be visiting on the 6th while soon after announcing. Put two and two together, he is most likely going to commit here. He has Jaron Dukes and Taco Charlton in his ear so even if OSU were to offer I don't think he would flip.

Like putting 2 and 2 together with Kugler???
tongue.png

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":4rzo7gok]On Mike McCray he said his mind is already made up and he will be visiting on the 6th while soon after announcing. Put two and two together, he is most likely going to commit here. He has Jaron Dukes and Taco Charlton in his ear so even if OSU were to offer I don't think he would flip.

tongue.png
[/quote:4rzo7gok]That was different he was expected to commit to MSU that weekend no joke and was just blown away on his visit. His visit to Michigan was just to be a road stop to quickly check out campus.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":caw6ak6m]

tongue.png
That was different he was expected to commit to MSU that weekend no joke and was just blown away on his visit. His visit to Michigan was just to be a road stop to quickly check out campus.[/quote:caw6ak6m]

But his comments after the visit meant nothing and shouldn't have been looked into... 2 + 2

2013: Ohio Top 50 Rankings

By Staff
Scout.com
Posted Feb 29, 2012

An early look at the top 50 prospects in the state of Ohio for the 2013 class.

A Couple Things to Remember:

It is very early and this is all very fluid between now and next Signing Day. New players will emerge, others will rise, some will fall. This is in no way, a final ranking. It is actually only a starting point.

There will be over 150 Division-1 signees from Ohio this year. So this is only the top 25-30% of the state. There are many great players and Division-1/BCS prospects who are not listed here.

In general, we don't rank based off of offer lists because many offers are still left to be given and some reported offers cannot necessarily be verified. This list is based on film and in-person evaluations at camps and combines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Jalin Marshall
WR | Middletown | committed to Ohio State
Allen Trieu: He's a dynamic player with the ball in his hands and I think he'll really thrive in Urban Meyer's offense at Ohio State. I don't the offense Middletown ran last year and him playing quarterback necessarily always shows off his best stuff, but he made it work and he won games that way. Once he's playing slot receiver or running back and out in space, people will see how dangerous he is.

Bill Greene: The top-ranked player in Ohio for the class of 2013, and he's been there since the first game of his junior season. A five-star prospect, and a player with the ability to put the football in the end zone from anywhere on the field. Played in a wide-open, spread attack as a sophomore and put up huge numbers making plays outside the hashmarks. Switched to the triple option as a junior, and did most of his damage between the tackles. Has speed, quickness and toughness, which will make him a success at whatever position Urban Meyer decides will be his best. He is a leader, and a player that will inspire his teammates with his play rather than his words.

Dave Berk: The question has always been if Marshall would be a quarterback in college. While there is always a chance for the Ohio State pledge to take a snap or two, his future for the Buckeyes will be as a

It's clear when Hoke said he was going to recruit Ohio he was serious. The more success Hoke has in Ohio the harder its going to be for Meyer to lock it down like most Ohio fans thought he would.

Is DeVeon Smith an option? I know Ty Isaac is the top target, but Michigan has had some success in Warren..

Michigan leads for LBs EJ Levenberry and Dorian O'Daniel right now and we may lead for Ben Gedeon he just doesn't say much so who knows. Gedeon is visiting this weekend BTW. Mike McCray may not end up visiting Tennessee this weekend so that leaves us with the last visit. Seems to be leaning in Michigan's favor but he really likes Illinios. I'd be surprised if he wasn't a Wolverine. DT/OL Darius Latham is visiting this weekend, if he is blown away don't be surprised to see a commitment.

DR said:
Is DeVeon Smith an option? I know Ty Isaac is the top target, but Michigan has had some success in Warren..
Yes he is but he's split 50-50 between Michigan and OSU right now. I think if we miss on Ty Isaac, highly doubt we do, then he is our top back on the board.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":eek:o6owwcj]No more 6th OL for now, the coaches only want 5 right now.

I thought Funk told Pocic his scholarship would be accepted if he chose to commit??? [/quote:eek:o6owwcj]Initially he did but now they've told Pocic they are only taking 5 OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back