Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
uofmdixon said:
Kugler looks like a beast.

Very good run blocker...not sure he can pass protect well enough as a T, which I suspect is one of the main reasons why most of the prognosticating has him moving inside to G or even C.

I have a hard time evaluating recuits based on their HS film. Often these 250+ lb guys are going up against guys weighing 50+ lbs less. I'm sure Kugler and others will be solid UM guys, I just don't get overly hyped until I see them play that same way at the next level.

zyxt9 said:
I have a hard time evaluating recuits based on their HS film. Often these 250+ lb guys are going up against guys weighing 50+ lbs less. I'm sure Kugler and others will be solid UM guys, I just don't get overly hyped until I see them play that same way at the next level.

A lot of these kids play against D1 talent every week. We can look at Michigan high schools because of the familiarity.

The Catholic League central was loaded with D1 talent last year / every year : De La Salle, Orchard Lake St. Mary's, Novi Detroit Catholic Central and Birmingham Brother Rice.

Detroit Public schools I is a breeding ground of D1 talent every single year. : Cass Tech, Crockett, MLK, Renaissance

Throw in Inkster, Farmington Hills, Muskegon, East Kentwood, Rockford, East Grand Rapids, Lowell, AA Pioneer.

zyxt9 said:

You may not be able to evaluate high school talent, but these football coaches that are offering these kids certainly know how to. Look at the offer sheet and if good coaches from big schools throw them offers, there's probably a damn, good reason.

Commit watch is on....

Steve Wiltfong of 247sports.com tweeted:

Just got a piece of news that's going to make Michigan fans very excited when I can release.#Wolverines

Allen Trieu ‏ @AllenTrieu

Good week for #Michigan? I'm hearing it will be

Since McCray is now NOT announcing Thursday, guesses lean towards Gedeon.

It's going to be McCray. He is announcing tomorrow so you can expect that. You guys can leave your computers though it won't happen until tomorrow at the earliest.

McCray has been awfully buddy/buddy with plenty of Team 134 not to come join them, IMO.

TheVictors03 said:
McCray has been awfully buddy/buddy with plenty of Team 134 not to come join them, IMO.

It's no secret.. One has to wonder what would happen if he got an Ohio offer though..

TheVictors03 said:

I love how team 134 are. They almost self recruit. They know who they want and target them. They seem very close and a bunch of great kids.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
TheVictors03 said:

It's no secret.. One has to wonder what would happen if he got an Ohio offer though..

Well it was my understanding that Herb prefers to wait until AFTER a kid gets an offer from another school and accepts it to then actually try to recruit the kid...
tongue.png

Looks like McCray is a silent and it will be public Wednesday. It's been speculated that he will end up a DE being that he's 6'4 240 and only 17 years old.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Looks like McCray is a silent and it will be public Wednesday. It's been speculated that he will end up a DE being that he's 6'4 240 and only 17 years old.
It will be announced tomorrow.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I got told tonight
It won't be. Rest assured, it most likely be announce until tomorrow afternoon. He is on his way to Ann Arbor tonight.

buddy, where do you actual get your info from? Just from other websites or do you actually know somebody?

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]buddy, where do you actual get your info from? Just from other websites or do you actually know somebody?

I've come to believe it's some sort of algorithm based on multiple twitter and recruiting sources and oddly accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back