Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":y8iuwvxk]You sure you weren't thinking of Wayne Morgan? Reeves has legit 4.4 speed and would play from day one. I will warn all of you if we get Yuri he most likely won't play from day one he is very raw

Actually I think you're right.. He was supposedly a silent? Rivals doesn't even say he has an offer but I still think it was Morgan.

The good thing is since DW left we aren't in need for a true frosh to come in and play. Feels pretty good and Wright's potential is through the roof. [/quote:y8iuwvxk]Yes Morgan was a silent commit and he was highly overrated

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":qksme9k9]Aziz Shittu may take a visit in the near future

Kids a beast[/quote:qksme9k9]He tweeted something about visiting Michigan but it looks to have been a prank

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="Danny Diggler":e8btbi0k]

Kids a beast
He tweeted something about visiting Michigan but it looks to have been a prank[/quote:e8btbi0k]

Not surprising. I bet he'll be a 1rd draft pick when it's all said and done.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Maize&blue21":jktcvrob]He tweeted something about visiting Michigan but it looks to have been a prank

Not surprising. I bet he'll be a 1rd draft pick when it's all said and done.[/quote:jktcvrob]Most likely he is very good just needs to work on technique. Confuses me why he would want to go to Cal who sucks over Michigan who has 3 d-line coaches

Just about all the commits were on their visit this weekend and it was great outcome for all of them. The only 2 non-commits were Sam Grant (TE from Ohio, Kalis' teammate, BC commit 3*) and Alex Kozan (Colorado OT solid 4*). Grant should decide either way whether he will go to BC or Michigan this week, could be good news. I don't think Kozan is a huge fan of Michigan since we were so late to offer so i don't think he ends up in this class.

Sam Webb from GBW is saying we will hear a lot about Armani Reeves in the near future and he may be the #1 CB on our board, even over Yuri Wright because he potential instant impact, and should visit before Christmas.

An update on Bri'onte Dunn should come soon and if he decides to visit Michigan this weekend he is ours.

Maize&blue21 said:
Just about all the commits were on their visit this weekend and it was great outcome for all of them. The only 2 non-commits were Sam Grant (TE from Ohio, Kalis' teammate, BC commit 3*) and Alex Kozan (Colorado OT solid 4*). Grant should decide either way whether he will go to BC or Michigan this week, could be good news. I don't think Kozan is a huge fan of Michigan since we were so late to offer so i don't think he ends up in this class.

Sam Webb from GBW is saying we will hear a lot about Armani Reeves in the near future and he may be the #1 CB on our board, even over Yuri Wright because he potential instant impact, and should visit before Christmas.

An update on Bri'onte Dunn should come soon and if he decides to visit Michigan this weekend he is ours.

did the coaches actually visit Dunn in home last week? I've seen reports that say yes and others that say no.

did the coaches actually visit Dunn in home last week? I've seen reports that say yes and others that say no.[/quote]

Yes Fred jackson and gorgeous Al went for a in home with Dunn..The whole Dunn family was there including Dymonte Thomas...word is it went very well..its a 50/50 right now for Dunn

Allen Trieu
@TrieuA Allen Trieu
According to @BillBankGreene Canton Glenoak (Ohio) RB Brionte Dunn will take his official visit to #Michigan next weekend.

MichiganMicros313 said:
Allen Trieu
@TrieuA Allen Trieu
According to @BillBankGreene Canton Glenoak (Ohio) RB Brionte Dunn will take his official visit to #Michigan next weekend.
very good news

I am pumped, It would be great to have the #1 class with this coaching staff!

lostleader said:
I am pumped, It would be great to have the #1 class with this coaching staff!
If it ends with Dunn, Reeves, Wright, Garnett, and Chesson it very well could

Dunn Recaps First Official

By Bill Greene
Ohio recruiting analyst
Posted Dec 11, 2011

One of the highest-rated prospects in the Midwest has just completed his first official visit, and Canton GlenOak five-star tailback Brionte Dunn has returned home from his trip to Ohio State. How did things go for Dunn, and where do things stand with the Buckeyes? Scout.com has the answer.

Canton GlenOak five-star prospect Brionte Dunn has just returned from an official visit to Ohio State, and he was certainly impressed by what he saw in Columbus. Dunn committed to Ohio State in the fall of 2010, but has kept his options open regarding other schools.
Dunn put up fantastic numbers in his career, including over 2,000 yards rushing as a junior, and over 1,600 in an injury-plagued senior season. He discussed his trip to Ohio State.

"I got there on Friday, and it was different being on an official visit, rather than just a quick trip," Dunn said of his experience. "It was great getting to meet everybody, and everybody was really nice to me. It was great getting to meet Braxton Miller, who was cool, and my host, Steve Miller, who is also a great guy. Braxton was really cool, and we hit it off really well and had a lot of fun. I also spent time with Devan Bogard, Frank Epitropoulos and also a couple guys committed to other schools, Se'Von Pittman and Kyle Dodson. We all had a lot of fun and got along really well together."

New Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer also spent considerable time with Dunn and his parents.

"Urban Meyer was great, and I also got to spend time with Stan Drayton, the runningbacks coach," he explained. "Coach Meyer and I spent a lot of time talking about the offense, and he showed me exactly what their plans are for me. He also told me what his expectations are, and that they are definitely going to be winning a lot of games. I liked what he had to say, and so did my parents. He wanted me to say I was going to be coming to Ohio State, but he didn't really pressure me and he was joking around a lot. Obviously, being on an official puts you on a high and it makes you feel stronger toward that school, so I'm still very high on Ohio State. I was at two practices and it was great seeing them live."

Next Tuesday, Ohio State will be making an in-home visit with Dunn. This comes on the heels of last Thursday's in-home visit with Michigan.

"Ohio State will be coming next Tuesday to my house, and it's supposed to be Coach Meyer," Dunn said. "I believe Coach (Luke) Fickell will be with him, and I'm hoping he is there, because he and I are tight. I saw Coach Fickell this weekend a lot, and I'm glad he is staying at Ohio State."

"My Michigan in-home visit was good, and it was Coach (Al) Borges and Coach (Fred) Jackson," he continued. "We had dinner and mostly talked academics, rather than football. Coach (Brady) Hoke wanted to be there too, but he couldn't make it. It was really a nice time, and I feel comfortable with that coaching staff."

Next weekend will see Dunn heading to Ann Arbor for an official visit at Michigan, a school he has visited unofficially twice in November.

"I will definitely be taking an official to Michigan next weekend," he admitted. "My parents will be going with me to Michigan, and they were with me at Ohio State too. I've been to Michigan twice for games recently, but I think the official visits are a lot better way to judge these schools, so I'm looking forward to it."

Dunn has been trying to get his academic requirements finished to allow him to graduate from high school in January, so that he could enroll in college early. That now looks like it will not happen, so that has changed his time-frame for making his decision.

"I'm hoping to have this done by February now, and I don't feel as rushed as I have been the past few weeks," he stated. "I probably won't be able to graduate early now, so I can take my time and figure this out. It's probably better to not be rushed into a decision."

Finally, Dunn paused when answering what will be the deciding factor in choosing between Michigan and Ohio State, or even another school.

"Wow, I guess it will be which school is going to be a winning program and play for national championships," he said carefully. "I want to be at a school where I fit in best, both as a player and as a person. My parents will play a big part in my decision, and I want to be where they feel comfortable too. That is real important to me, more than people realize."

Yuri Wright twittered that he was very bored during his last night in Boulder. Or something like that...

I know people aren't really expecting a commitment from Jordan Diamond anymore, but here are some comments from him after his OSU visit...

"I saw just about everything," he said. "The campus and all the facilities and stuff. I hung with some of the players and got to bond with the coaches. We had a ball. I had the time of my life."

interesting that Dunn didnt even mention academics as part of his decision

interesting, also, to see that Sevonn Pittman was at Ohio* last weekend...I wonder how strong his commitment is to MSU.

Bill Greene's outlook on Dunn....

How I see it on Monday morning........................

1- Brady Hoke and his staff have done a great job with Brionte and they have stayed relentless in recruiting him. Even when they were out of it, they didn't think they were out of it. And that's why they aren't out of it today. Hoke recruits more like Meyer recruits, and the opposite of the past OSU staff who would have walked away from a recruit committed elsewhere, figuring they had no shot. Shariff Floyd was an OSU lock too. To everyone but Urban Meyer.

2- Urban Meyer has had 2 weeks to make an impression on Brionte, and he has certainly done that. Two weekends in a row to Michigan in November would have probably buried any other staff or coach. Not Urban Meyer. He has forced Brionte to at least be in the position of not knowing where he wants to go, as opposed to maybe leaning to Michigan following those 2 unofficials.

3- Luke Fickell kept OSU in the game, and Brionte thinks a lot of him. Had Fickell not kept battling against tough odds this one would probably be over. He kept things manageable until Meyer took over. Luke deserves much credit for being able to clean up the OSU mess he inherited.

4- Is there an edge? To me the edge is Michigan having their official visit left to go. Ohio State has used theirs. I've felt for months the officials will tell the tale. Ohio State's was very good. Michigan gets theirs this week.

5- Not enrolling early takes the pressure off. I think this probably means we will be discussing this into February. Unless Brionte figures it out before then without a shadow of doubt. If he does get it solved before Signing Day, I think he will end it and make a final announcement.

Hungry said:
interesting that Dunn didnt even mention academics as part of his decision

interesting, also, to see that Sevonn Pittman was at Ohio* last weekend...I wonder how strong his commitment is to MSU.

As much as I'd like to see MSU take a hit I don't want OSU getting him and Washington. But it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back