Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official BGSU vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread UTL Edition

Not going to get out of the 30s in this game again. These first three games have dampened my expectations for this season. Hope they play better with Harbaugh back on the sidelines.

Not going to get out of the 30s in this game again. These first three games have dampened my expectations for this season. Hope they play better with Harbaugh back on the sidelines.

Yeah, I have no doubt that the suspensions affected this team. I'm concerned as well how we haven't really steamrolled the opposition. I don't think we're as good as we were last year at this time.

The skill players are better, but the OL and DL are not

Well, the fill-in HCs are returning the team back to Harbaugh that is healthy and undefeated. Crush Rutgers next week.

JJ had better have gotten his Int's out of his system. If he looks like this in the coming weeks, this team will get absolutely blown out in Happy Valley and lose in E. Lansing.

Granted this score should have been 24-6 with 4 picks for jj but if you lose in E Lansing this year Harbaugh should be fired on the spot.

Yeah, PSU and MSU were super impressive today.

This is 3 weeks in a row of mediocre to bad offense and we play at their places, NOT at home where the fans can help you a bit. A lot of teams are having trouble not bringing their A game to these undermanned teams in nonconference. Hopefully that is all it is and guys just want to get to conference play.

This is 3 weeks in a row of mediocre to bad offense and we play at their places, NOT at home where the fans can help you a bit. A lot of teams are having trouble not bringing their A game to these undermanned teams in nonconference. Hopefully that is all it is and guys just want to get to conference play.

We will see in the next couple of weeks.

Michigan is just not playing very good. There will be some losses sadly if they keep playing like this. Not sure the issue. Maybe make JJ more of a play action qb like Goff. We have Edwards and Blake. Play action should be wide open. Mix in the the deep shots to Wilson every once and a while. Johnson and Wilson and Loveland all have some great hands.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? The first 2 weeks the offense scored 35 points in 3 quarters, the QB had the 3rd highest 2 game completion in 30 years and we just won by nearly 30 points after turning it over 4 times. Not to mention the new clock rules mean 2-4 fewer possessions per game.

They picked the right weekend to "struggle". UGA, FSU, Texas, Bama all looked mediocre. Tennessee lost. Penn State and OSU started slow before separating from over matched opponents. Y'all had the same reaction 2 years ago after Rutgers and last year after Maryland. No head coach, OC is serving as HC and not able to focus on the offense and on top of all that the defense has been missing 3-4 starters and is averaging like 5 points per game. It's gonna be alright.

The first two weeks were simply taking the foot off the gas. That's it. JJ was completing almost 90% of his passes before today.

We had a bad day today. Shit happens. MSU sucks and just got their teeth kicked in at home. They simply aren't a good team. PSU farted around with a bad Illinois team all day today.

What are you talking about? The first 2 weeks the offense scored 35 points in 3 quarters, the QB had the 3rd highest 2 game completion in 30 years and we just won by nearly 30 points after turning it over 4 times. Not to mention the new clock rules mean 2-4 fewer possessions per game.

They picked the right weekend to "struggle". UGA, FSU, Texas, Bama all looked mediocre. Tennessee lost. Penn State and OSU started slow before separating from over matched opponents. Y'all had the same reaction 2 years ago after Rutgers and last year after Maryland. No head coach, OC is serving as HC and not able to focus on the offense and on top of all that the defense has been missing 3-4 starters and is averaging like 5 points per game. It's gonna be alright.

Dude - what do you think you?re saying that?s different than what anyone else just said?

Do you not read other posts before commenting on them?

Dude - what do you think you?re saying that?s different than what anyone else just said?

Do you not read other posts before commenting on them?

Well, the post I replied to was saying that Michigan's offense was mediocre 3 weeks in a row. I provided several reasons that it wasn't. So what I said was different. And considering it wasn't the only sky is falling post, I'd argue that what I said was different than most. So what's your point?

Well, the post I replied to was saying that Michigan's offense was mediocre 3 weeks in a row. I provided several reasons that it wasn't. So what I said was different. And considering it wasn't the only sky is falling post, I'd argue that what I said was different than most. So what's your point?

Oh.

You said ?y?all.? That kind of implies everybody.

Even though Michigan didn?t cover in the first two games it seemed to me that they also took their foot off the gas in the second half each game. Yesterday was different - not very good, but as you pointed out, Georgia and everybody else underperformed.

That?s what I said in my post, like a lot of others; same thing you said. I didn?t get the sky is falling from your post I quoted nor did I say that nor did I get that from most other posts. We all seemed to have the same reaction.

Didn't see the first two games but BG was playing a 3rd string walk-on QB all night and was running the ball on 3rd and long. Your scout team should hold them to 6 points. I'm not saying you have problems on defense but I don't think holding 3 lousy teams to less than a TD per game says anything.

Didn't see the first two games but BG was playing a 3rd string walk-on QB all night and was running the ball on 3rd and long. Your scout team should hold them to 6 points. I'm not saying you have problems on defense but I don't think holding 3 lousy teams to less than a TD per game says anything.

Michigan has also had the best CB in the country out with injury and multiple other starters as well. I'm not remotely worried about the defense. Regardless of who they're playing they've given up 16 points in 3 games missing multiple starters.

Michigan has also had the best CB in the country out with injury and multiple other starters as well. I'm not remotely worried about the defense. Regardless of who they're playing they've given up 16 points in 3 games missing multiple starters.

come on man... REAL football teams schedule opponents like Washington, give up 700+ yards to them and get outscored 41-0 through the first 3 quarters of gametime. And then schedule zoom calls with sexual assault victims and jack off to them.

Get with the times!

We're WAY behind where MSU is as a program right now.

come on man... REAL football teams schedule opponents like Washington, give up 700+ yards to them and get outscored 41-0 through the first 3 quarters of gametime. And then schedule zoom calls with sexual assault victims and jack off to them.

Get with the times!

We're WAY behind where MSU is as a program right now.

This would be a great response if I said MSU was a good team - actually it would be a horrible response but on par with what one would expect from a petty fool who knows nothing about football, isn?t particularly bright and suffers from an inferiority complex.

Last edited:
Clearly surrendering 16 points over three games against three inferior opponents does not necessarily indicate the strength of a defense, but it beats the alternative.

Like i said, I don?t think it?s indicative of any problems on D but it?s also not telling of anything regardless of who is or isn?t playing. Their first real test probably won?t come until the second week of October. Presumably those guys will be back if they aren?t season ending injuries and they can stay healthy.

Back