Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Illinois vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Yeah, I think I was one of the few that thought they could beat OSU last year. But if they go to Columbus and play like today they will not win. Over confident? I don't know. It was a trap game given Illinois recent games. Illinois is a good team. Thank God Michigan survived thanks to Jake Moody's two last quarter field goals. I doubt they will go to The Game with the same attitude, and Corum will be okay, maybe Edwards too. Schoonmaker, Jones, Green, Mullings, and Morris all dressed and warmed up for this game. Hope they can play next week.

We?ll see.

You are absolutely right, Michigan will have to be much better next week for a chance to win in the shoe, but we have seen that they can be.

And one more thing ? although Maryland failed to score a touchdown, they did drive the against the buckeyes, they?re now down 7 to 3. As I post this the buckeyes are forced to punt from near their own end zone and Maryland takes possession near midfield.

Very unlikely Maryland will win, but so far at this point in time there is a fact - the Wolverines have punched their ticket to be undefeated going into The Game. The buckeyes now have their job to do the same.

Michigan won its game before The Game. Ohio State very probably will win their game before The Game, but until win it they haven?t won it.

Yeah, I think I was one of the few that thought they could beat OSU last year. But if they go to Columbus and play like today they will not win. Over confident? I don't know. It was a trap game given Illinois recent games. Illinois is a good team. Thank God Michigan survived thanks to Jake Moody's two last quarter field goals. I doubt they will go to The Game with the same attitude, and Corum will be okay, maybe Edwards too. Schoonmaker, Jones, Green, Mullings, and Morris all dressed and warmed up for this game. Hope they can play next week.

Illinois is not a good team.

I?m not sure they really cared about that game. If they lost it, then went on to beat Ohio and win the B1G championship game they would be in the playoffs. I think they just wanted to get healthy for next week. I also think Corum is playing possum a little bit. I know I sound naive and crazy, but I?m running with it ?? I remember the game before Ohio last year was a really ugly Maryland game

Maryland gets a little too conservative after a nice drive and settled for another field goal, now down 7-6.

Buckeyes forced to punt from deep in their own and for the second series in a row. Again Maryland takes over with good field position.

I just started the week 12 game thread. The buckeyes have not been perfect for the whole season, that is for sure.

Every game is it?s own game.

And hopefully, our team will get a lot of the guys that were absent today, so today?s team won?t be the same team. Or it will be a more full and complete team. Again, hopefully.

As I recall, there was not a whole lot of optimism on this board going into The Game last season.

You're not wrong and I'll probably agree with you more as we get closer to next weekend.

Back