Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Maryland vs ][V][ Game Thread

I didn't watch the game since I was at the UC game at the same time. After seeing the highlights, I'm really impressed by the way the team played. I'm encouraged by the fact that they were willing to throw in the red zone and I love that Edward's is getting a chance to contribute. I know there's only some many balls to go around but that kids has the power of Haskins and the speed of Corum. He needs to be part of the game plan. Reminds me of Chris Perry or Carlos Brown.

I still don't think they'll beat OSU but I think they're in better shape than I expected and given the young talent they have I think they are in good shape to compete for titles in the next few years. If they can land Domani Jackson to, pair with Will Johnson I think the next 3 years will be special.

I doubt OSU makes the mistakes Maryland did in the passing game... but one can hope they used up all their perfection vs MSU and next week they completely break down and play like shit.

The 2-point conversion defense seems to be an issue. If, by a miracle of God, we are up late by 8 points, we can expect a tie game and possible OT. If we are up by 7 and OSU scores with no time remaining, I'm afraid we are doomed in that scenario as well. As I'm probably sure Day goes for the win because of our stellar percentage of giving up the 2 points, lol.

Day will probably have them go for 2 after every touchdown. Just because he's an asshole.

If I were him and I saw that my opponent couldn't stop 2pt attempts I would go for 2 every time. Even if you're only 50% you're still breaking even and the likelihood of having a higher conversion rate is pretty good.

Back