Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MSU vs ][V][ichigan UTL Edition Game Thread

Just finished watching. I'm in Grand Cayman and had to dvr on YouTube TV and use CyberGhost VPN to spoof my location back to the USA. Thankfully that worked so I could watch after my work dinner. Very happy Paul is back in his proper home. Go Blue!!!

Yeah, from the situation, seems they started it, and/or made it physical. I saw 3-4 guys wailing on one laying on the ground, and a cop holding another back (or trying to)

But I don't like that this is the second game in a row we've been involved in dumb shit in the tunnel

Why is it that Sparty always fights like this? I've never seen them throw an honest punch or do 1 to 1. It's always a group against one or two. Or it's a sucker punch like draymond green on Poole.

There are way too many people on other sites trying to put the blame other than where it belongs: on those who attacked McBurrows, who I hear was already injured with an ACL tear and hasn't played at all this year. People asking why he was in the tunnel instead of with the rest of the team (in a "why was she walking alone at night?" kind of way), claiming he started it by running his mouth at the MSU players, and, of course, blaming the single tunnel design that hasn't been much of an issue until the last 2 games (based on how much people have been talking about it lately).

Last edited:
That was a pretty dominant effort:

Total Yards........252..443
Pass Yards........215..167
Rushing Yards.....37...276
Penalty Yards.....7-75...4-25
1st Downs........11....27
3rd Downs.......2-11...9-16
4th Downs....... 1-4....1-1
TOP.............19:27...40:33

Some of their playcalls after they grabbed a bit of momentum were just baffling; I was thinking Dantonio wouldn't have fucked up like this. They would've brought out looks we hadn't seen before, especially in the Red Zone.

Other than two drives in the first half, and the 50 yard pass to Coleman, they did almost nothing all day, and couldn't run the ball... at all. 1.6 yards/rush. No Generational Talent like Kenneth Walker to bail them out.

Tucker is in over his head. This is why you don't let dilettantes like Mat Ishbia run your athletic department... is he going to buyout Tucker's contract in a year or two?

I'm still not sure what to make of this defense. They have done a great job of making adjustments to take away what's working but I worry about what will happen when they face OSU who has more than 1 guy who can beat you. The corners are good but neither of them are lock-down and if they constantly need help osu is going to shred us.

On the bright side OSU's defense let shitty Penn State put up 31 points. So hopefully that is a sign that the same gameplan that worked last year will continue to work this year.

I'm still not sure what to make of this defense. They have done a great job of making adjustments to take away what's working but I worry about what will happen when they face OSU who has more than 1 guy who can beat you. The corners are good but neither of them are lock-down and if they constantly need help osu is going to shred us.

On the bright side OSU's defense let shitty Penn State put up 31 points. So hopefully that is a sign that the same gameplan that worked last year will continue to work this year.

I don't think the defense this year has been able to keep the pressure on the QB that last year's, did. They have got to keep Stroud off balance or he and the OSU receivers will tear through the defense. I think OSU is very beatable, but my concern is the defense. The offense will also have to play an exceptional game to keep them in it. Also, beating them in Columbus is going to be tough. If things go Michigan's way (penalty-wise, spotting the ball fairly, and turnovers), then they can win the game. Thank God for Moody, who is reliable in the event of a close game requiring a last second field goal. GO BLUE!

There are way too many people on other sites trying to put the blame other than where it belongs: on those who attacked McBurrows, who I hear was already injured with an ACL tear and hasn't played at all this year. People asking why he was in the tunnel instead of with the rest of the team (in a "why was she walking alone at night?" kind of way), claiming he started it by running his mouth at the MSU players, and, of course, blaming the single tunnel design that hasn't been much of an issue until the last 2 games (based on how much people have been talking about it lately).

I don't think you were referring to my post about where was the rest of the team, but I asked that because I was wondering why no one came to help. McBurrows, and any other Michigan player, had the right to be in the tunnel and the incident was absolutely despicable behavior on the part of the MSU players. No excuse for that kind of thing happening. There was another player that was also assaulted, not sure who. It appears that the MSU players were waiting to assault Michigan players coming up the tunnel. Game was over, get in your locker room and go home. Some charges and arrests should be forthcoming.

I don't think you were referring to my post about where was the rest of the team, but I asked that because I was wondering why no one came to help. McBurrows, and any other Michigan player, had the right to be in the tunnel and the incident was absolutely despicable behavior on the part of the MSU players. No excuse for that kind of thing happening. There was another player that was also assaulted, not sure who. It appears that the MSU players were waiting to assault Michigan players coming up the tunnel. Game was over, get in your locker room and go home. Some charges and arrests should be forthcoming.

No, the posts I'm referring to are on the college football subreddit, though I've heard that Twitter and RCMB (surprise, surprise) were victim blaming as well. I also initially wondered why McBurrows was by himself, because whenever I've seen UM players in the tunnel, they're in large groups. From what I've heard, he was by himself because he left early to get therapy for his knee. Perhaps the other UM player who was attacked was headed for therapy as well.

I agree that they definitely had the right to be in their own tunnel, and I seriously doubt they had any idea they were going to get jumped by a bunch of guys from the opposing team. That video was hard to watch, and I haven't done so since I saw it on the B1G network last night.

Last edited:
No, the posts I'm referring to are on the college football subreddit, though I've heard that Twitter and RCMB (surprise, surprise) were victim blaming as well. I also initially wondered why McBurrows was by himself, because whenever I've seen UM players in the tunnel, they're in large groups. From what I've heard, he was by himself because he left early to get therapy for his knee. Perhaps the other UM player who was attacked was headed for therapy as well.

I agree that they definitely had the right to be in their own tunnel, and I seriously doubt they had any idea they were going to get jumped by a bunch of guys from the opposing team. That video was hard to watch, and I haven't done so since I saw it on the B1G network last night.

Somewhere, up in the bowels of the glorious Bay Golden Coast, Draymond ?Day Day? Green is watching that video over and over, embarrassed and humiliated, and thinking ?what the fuck? I knocked that motherfucker Jordan Poole out with one goddamn punch - not to mention all the guys I kicked in the nuts over the years. All those goddamn motherfuckers kicking and punching on that one guy and it didn?t even do no damage? What kind of worthless fucking Spartan hooligans are they??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yUj1Wd1Is

Last edited:
the more I read about the fights, the worse MSU looks.

on twitter they ID'd their director of football operations trying to block people from filming the fighting, rather than do anything about it.

guys seems like a real prick. pregame vids show him cursing at camera operators and stuff like that.

Gemon Green has a concussion from the assault and is pressing charges. Tom Mars is his counsel. Mars gave this statement:

"When college football players brutally attack a member of the opposing team with their helmets, resulting in the player suffering a concussion and other injuries, an apology won?t suffice. There has to be severe consequences for this kind of misconduct. Not only does Gemon Green deserve to be compensated for his injuries. Severe consequences in this case will deter others who might think they can get away with brutally beating an opposing player and only get a slap on the wrist. I?ve got news for the MSU players who did this to Gemon. They are going to feel the full wrath of the law."

Here's to Green fully recovering and to the burning pile of rat excrement known as MSU getting eviscerated in court.

Last edited:
Fuck I didn't realize he had a concussion from that, but it's understandable.

I see why Harbaugh was so pissed.

Reading some of the comments on other boards about this, complaining about our tunnel, I think our opponents are a bunch of fucking toddlers (giant, dumb, angry ones) that can't handle losing with dignity.

Been using that tunnel for 100 years assholes... get used to losing and walking down it without throwing a tantrum and hitting people around you.

Back