Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MSU vs ][V][ichigan UTL Edition Game Thread

Jeeez this is way worse than I thought. They beat the hell out of Green. #14 might be going to jail. Damn. That was brutal.

https://youtu.be/lwHfiB0DV5c

The guy running to block the camera is MSU's Director of Football Operations. Not running to help or stop his players, just trying to cover it up. This is who they are. It's their culture of scumbaggery.

I have been creeping on 11W and a MSU board and it's all deflection, "the tunnel" etc. OSU fans think Harbaugh encourages his team to antagonize and provoke opponents in the tunnel even though there's plenty of video proof to show that Franklin's supposed "protocols" to allow some buffer between the teams going in is already happening and it takes the visiting team not going into their locker room for these situations to happen.

Fuck 'em. In fairness the actual columnist on 11W placed all the blame where it belongs and it was just their obnoxious fans engaging in the whataboutism.

All the resident spartans on this board appear to have disappeared. Is their shame from the outcome of the game or because everything we've been saying about their shit program was just proven to be true for the entire world to see?

All the resident spartans on this board appear to have disappeared. Is their shame from the outcome of the game or because everything we've been saying about their shit program was just proven to be true for the entire world to see?

haha, probably both.

It's funny, on Michigan twitter, someone posted a screenshot of johnny2x claiming the fight was overblown and someone swings a helmet every weekend during football season. Dude stopped posting here as soon as it was clear State wasn't any good; retreated to his bubble.

But it's not fair to blame entire fanbases for this crap, or entire teams, although I think MSU's administration and football program leadership are garbage right now, and poorly lead.

They were garbage last year too, but winning - really just having KW -masked the problems.

Honestly they need to bring in a coach that can teach them to take pride in who they are without pinning everything on whether they beat "scUM" or not, and get rid of the malcontents. they probably need to tone down the Michigan-hate as well... for some portion of their fanbase, it's really grown unhealthy, and if they can't handle losing a football game without throwing a tantrum, they need to find something else to do with their saturdays

it's a shame Dantonio seemed to encourage it, and then had the success he did (after we hired RichRod, The Sandusky Scandal broke PSU, and Tattoogate brought down Tressel.) Now MSU is going to have to face reality about their football program, clouded by those unusually good years, by their standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how MSU doesn't also suspend Windmon (I think) the starting LB. He's in the video swinging on Gemon Green.

There were more than 4 Spartans in those videos throwing punches and kicking. maybe they all shouldn't be kicked off the team, but anyone who threw or kicked should at least be suspended indefinitely. more egregious cases should be kicked off the team. If I'm at MSU, I'm going to do everything I can to avoid criminal charges... that's going to be a terrible precedent and a HUGE distraction for them over the rest of the year. If they don't realize that now, yikes. They really are stupid.

The fact that Tucker won't do what he needs to do to establish discipline on his team speaks volumes about him, and justifies pursuing criminal charges for it.

As a silver lining for MSU fans... maybe another such incident gives you grounds to fire Tucker for cause, so you're not spending the next 9 seasons struggling to make a bowl...

The videos show members of the team waiting out in the tunnel. Team leadership should have had them moving into their locker room and not letting them come back out. Irresponsible on their part and they should be held accountable for their failure. I noticed Jimmy physically keeping Michigan players from interacting with the MSU players at the end of the game. Even though the Michigan players were not being aggressive. I didn't see the same from Tucker.

The videos show members of the team waiting out in the tunnel. Team leadership should have had them moving into their locker room and not letting them come back out. Irresponsible on their part and they should be held accountable for their failure. I noticed Jimmy physically keeping Michigan players from interacting with the MSU players at the end of the game. Even though the Michigan players were not being aggressive. I didn't see the same from Tucker.

I have no idea what led up to the beat down but did come across this video.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1586590935546224640

The guy was skipping into the tunnel with the MSU team. My guess is he was running his mouth and got a beat down.

Not saying it's right, but that's probably what happened.

You don't 5 on 1 or 10 on 1 that guy for skipping and mouthing off. Just push him a way but kicking at him when he was down is bad. And what did the player do to deserve a helmet smash over and over.

I don't see how MSU doesn't also suspend Windmon (I think) the starting LB. He's in the video swinging on Gemon Green.

There were more than 4 Spartans in those videos throwing punches and kicking. maybe they all shouldn't be kicked off the team, but anyone who threw or kicked should at least be suspended indefinitely. more egregious cases should be kicked off the team. If I'm at MSU, I'm going to do everything I can to avoid criminal charges... that's going to be a terrible precedent and a HUGE distraction for them over the rest of the year. If they don't realize that now, yikes. They really are stupid.

The fact that Tucker won't do what he needs to do to establish discipline on his team speaks volumes about him, and justifies pursuing criminal charges for it.

As a silver lining for MSU fans... maybe another such incident gives you grounds to fire Tucker for cause, so you're not spending the next 9 seasons struggling to make a bowl...

The MSU coaching staff and administration should be talking to the players involved to see who was leading it. Keeping the other players out in the tunnel laying in wait for Michigan players to come up the tunnel. If they will not step up and provide names, then they should be suspended indefinitely and scholarships revoked for poor behavior. Unless they identify the ringleader(s), the rot will remain in the program and continue to fester. This has gone on for far to long. Wasn't their a defensive coordinator a few years back that was encouraging his players to injure Michigan players? What was his name? A fricken coach! Enough!

The guy was skipping into the tunnel with the MSU team. My guess is he was running his mouth and got a beat down.

yeah, but they also beat the fuck out of Gemon Green. he was the one hit with a swinging helmet

Players jaw all the time... constantly during the game. how often do we see shit like this?

Dantonio and Narduzzi are the ones that took their inferiority complex and dialed it up to 11. They would say it was Mike Hart's disrespekt that started it, but they were talking shit before the game where he made those comments.

Dantonio ate, slept and breathed contempt for Michigan and he did it in the softest, most bitch way possible. He talked shit after he won, he played the victim when Michigan would respond in-kind and he was incapable of acknowledging the reality of his situation(that their success conveniently coincided with a down UM, PSU and to a lesser extent OSU). Narduzzi is the DC that was openly calling for his players to injure UM players.

Let's try to bring some positive energy into this board. For me, I can't wait to play MSU again next year when they're even worse!

And We're 8-0 now! Hell yeah!

I expect us to 15-0 when all said and done. Heck yeah.

Last edited:

He was "skipping" as he passed around behind the MSU players entering the tunnel. The video shows he stopped as he entered the tunnel. I believe he has an ACL injury, so maybe that is the way he has to move to get quickly around a group of people. He appears to be happy, as expected, since his team just won a big game. But even if he was verbalizing his happiness it doesn't justify being jumped by a group of 5-10 players on the opposing team laying in wait.

The guy running to block the camera is MSU's Director of Football Operations. Not running to help or stop his players, just trying to cover it up. This is who they are. It's their culture of scumbaggery.

They?re playing some of my favorite songs.

update: they also suspended Windmon and 3 others; 8 total suspensions.

Any hope they had of finishing their season strong or going to bowl, they threw out the window by having a meltdown after losing to us.

of course, I honestly think a lot of MSU fans could care less what happens in their season aside from the UM game, and it really ended as the clock ran down to 00:00 Saturday. Brawling in the tunnel makes sense to them.

Sad! Really sad! Team leadership should have protected their players from such stupidity. Got them into the locker room, on the bus and back home to play the rest of the season. Just sad.

Back