Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official NIU vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

One thing I know: after today there are no reasonable complaints one could have about our football team, but there will still be complaints.

191 first half yards passing.

A little under the target pace, but still not too bad.

Considering there were additional plays that were potential TDs if not for the CB clearly interfering though not called and the other deep pass that could have been a TD (5 star recruits would look at that and convince themselves they have the speed and hands to catch that and turn it into a TD), the 1st half was a strong showing of the passing game potential should they come to UM.

That was an excellent 1st half for WR recruiting. Great balance and it was nice to hear that the coaches said the WRs deserved more this week after all their work blocking for the run game, and then giving them opportunities.

They ended with only 233, but the 1st half having 191 with near misses to have had more, WR recruits will feel better about coming here and not having UM be so run focused that their dreams of the NFL evaporate due to too much emphasis on the run game.

One thing I know: after today there are no reasonable complaints one could have about our football team, but there will still be complaints.

OK, I'm game. The D needs more turnovers. That INT was great, they need more of those and they need to work more on stripping / punching the ball loose to force fumbles.

All this is part of the "what did you do today to beat OSU" mindset. Always room for improvement.

Depends on the conversation. If we're talking about beating rivals, I think, based on what we've seen, there's reason to be concerned about our secondary.

Depends on the conversation. If we're talking about beating rivals, I think, based on what we've seen, there's reason to be concerned about our secondary.

Agree, but semantically:

reasonable concerns =/= reasonable complaints

Back