Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official PennSt vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

http://detroitsportsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

no-god.jpeg

All-Father,

Make Cade fast and accurate,
let his throws strike true,
Make his arm swifter than any who seek to destroy him,
Grant us victory o'er our foes and when our death comes
let not our last thought be "if I had only..."
but rather let the Halls of Valhalla ring with our name,
and let us die atop a mountain of Ohio State corpses.
SKAL!

I have always been amused by people praying for their team to win. God has to disappoint one fanbase or the other since both sides have fans, players, coaches, etc praying. I wonder how he/she/they decides who to let down...

I have always been amused by people praying for their team to win. God has to disappoint one fanbase or the other since both sides have fans, players, coaches, etc praying. I wonder how he/she/they decides who to let down...

you're own signature explains why we feel this way.

Indeed. The only true religion worth following.

Maybe we can interest Bob Ufer's immortal soul into nudging a bouncing fumble toward one of our players, or altering the trajectory of an Ohio St pass away from their receiver..

I know what you're saying, but looking at the Sagarin rankings for each team, and how they've solidified... I think we need whatever help we can get. Be that divine intervention or simple fortune...

Obviously I would prefer to see every player on the team have the best game of their lives and we just beat them on our own. But at this point I don't give a damn if we get all the terrible calls, all the lucky bounces and beat them by 1 when they only play their walk-ons. Enough is enough. It's time to get a damn win in the series, even if it's pure luck on our part. God knows they've had more than their fair share of lucky breaks in the game over the past 20 years.

Indeed. The only true religion worth following.

It will not last forever.

Whoa whoa whoa... I am not trying to start a religious flame war here, chiefs.

just saying we need a little fortune or divine providence or what-have-you on our side to win this game, and trying to get everyone on board with that. Except TomDalton, the only OSU poster here.

And probably the MSU posters, who I assume want us to lose this game. and every game.

Whoa whoa whoa... I am not trying to start a religious flame war here, chiefs.

It was my final say on the topic.

just saying we need a little fortune or divine providence or what-have-you on our side to win this game, and trying to get everyone on board with that. Except TomDalton, the only OSU poster here.

In 1975, Cornelious Greene said that he initiated a prayer in the Buckeyes? huddle on a 3rd and 11 on their own 19 with 7:11 to play in the 4th quarter and OSU trailing 14-7 against Michigan. He completed an 18-yard pass to Brian Bashnagel ? the SECOND first down of the game for OSU, and they went on to win 21-14. So, there?s that.

And probably the MSU posters, who I assume want us to lose this game. and every game.

If Michigan was playing for the future of civilization, MSU supporters would cheer for the opposition.

Last edited:
Our Lady loves every person on Earth as if they were her own children, so, no special treatment for anyone ? just gentle admonishment for us to turn to her Son, and, sometimes, not-so-gentle admonition.

I'd add, It is possible to lose divine fortune, yes? Notre Dame certainly hasn't done themselves many favors over the years.

Obviously I would prefer to see every player on the team have the best game of their lives and we just beat them on our own. But at this point I don't give a damn if we get all the terrible calls, all the lucky bounces and beat them by 1 when they only play their walk-ons. Enough is enough. It's time to get a damn win in the series, even if it's pure luck on our part. God knows they've had more than their fair share of lucky breaks in the game over the past 20 years.

Never forget:

rlvrnshjmeriszxcypo7

CyOTsYBXUAARDPx.jpg

I'd add, It is possible to lose divine fortune, yes? Notre Dame certainly hasn't done themselves many favors over the years.

Not sure what ?divine fortune? is. Seems contradictory to me. Anyway ? a topic for another forum. You can meet me over there.

Back