Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official PennSt vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

I think we are who we are at this point, and so is OSU. Barring significant injuries next weekend, neither team is going to grow or improve much in the next two weeks.

We can beat them, but need to play a perfect game.

for whatever reason, They generally play their best game of the season against us, going back to 2001... so we need to overcome that.

Maybe MSU will do us a solid, and beat the tar out of OSU in a losing effort. I don't care about "beating them when they're 100%"... we just need to beat them.

I won't feel bad about it. They've gotten more than their fair share of breaks in this rivalry, since 2001, when they more or less made this football game the reason for their entire existence on Earth.

I'm not sure Harbaugh has played OSU with his starting QB in the game with the exception of an injured Shea Patterson in 2019. Of course we also had the good fortune of lauching Cardale Jones' career, so what's a starting QB worth anyway? At least at a program where "they ain't come to play school".

I'm not going to cry if MSU knocks out all 3 receivers, their starting OTs and their 1st and 2nd string QBs (3rd string got a DUI last week, he'll probably be back by the time we play). I don't give af how we win, I just want to win. Would be great to have the officiating on our side for once. Just so they know how it feels.

I'm not sure Harbaugh has played OSU with his starting QB in the game with the exception of an injured Shea Patterson in 2019. Of course we also had the good fortune of lauching Cardale Jones' career, so what's a starting QB worth anyway? At least at a program where "they ain't come to play school".

I'm not going to cry if MSU knocks out all 3 receivers, their starting OTs and their 1st and 2nd string QBs (3rd string got a DUI last week, he'll probably be back by the time we play). I don't give af how we win, I just want to win. Would be great to have the officiating on our side for once. Just so they know how it feels.

I agree, except about Cardale Jones, who in the end seems like a good guy. maybe the most likable Buckeye in a long time.

When he later tweeted a pic of himself in his cap and gown at graduation, and made fun of himself for once tweeting "I ain't here to play school," I was happy for him.

Too nice a day to sit inside all afternoon. I watched the first half and then went to the driving range. I figured that M would win somehow, because PSU was even more inept at times in the first half. It was a double-edged sword that M had essentially three sacks in PSUs initial possession and trailed 3-0, after PSU converted two distance-and-down plays.

An ugly win that in no way indicates that M is able to beat OSU, who looked impressive vs. Purdue.

2015 - Had starter Rudock. We got pounded 42-13.
2016 - Had starter Speight. We know how this ended
2017 - O'Korn. Speight had been out since Sep 23rd, so no time to prepare a backup Harbaugh recruited at all
2018 - Had starter Patterson. Got our heads exploded 62-39
2019 - Had starter Patterson. Again got destroyed 56-27.

So Harbaugh has had his starter for every game of The Game except for 2017 with O'Korn where he had 2 months to have the backup ready to go.

Last edited:
Too nice a day to sit inside all afternoon. I watched the first half and then went to the driving range. I figured that M would win somehow, because PSU was even more inept at times in the first half. It was a double-edged sword that M had essentially three sacks in PSUs initial possession and trailed 3-0, after PSU converted two distance-and-down plays.

An ugly win that in no way indicates that M is able to beat OSU, who looked impressive vs. Purdue.

I think if we play a perfect game, we can. But they also cannot play their best game or even a good game. We really do not control our destiny here... we have to play our best, AND they have to fuck up, and not get bailed out by those sort of defensive breakdowns we seem to have against ONLY them.

I'm thinking of those huge 30+ TD yard runs they seem reel off against even stout Michigan defenses that don't give up things like that all year against anyone else. Or huge passes where the help over the top goes to the wrong side of the field...

or a series of crossing routes... where everytime the ohio state receiver catches the ball, you see no maize and blue anywhere on your TV screen and start mentally preparing to accept that they just gained another 20-30 yards as easily as if they were playing a MAC team.

So... I don't know what we have to do here to win. Pray. Fast. Burn incense. Sacrifice a goat. Abstain from sexual intercourse for weeks. Declare Jihad.

We need fortune. We need divine intervention.

I think if we play a perfect game, we can. But they also cannot play their best game or even a good game. We really do not control our destiny here... we have to play our best, AND they have to fuck up, and not get bailed out by those sort of defensive breakdowns we seem to have against ONLY them.

I'm thinking of those huge 30+ TD yard runs they seem reel off against even stout Michigan defenses that don't give up things like that all year against anyone else. Or huge passes where the help over the top goes to the wrong side of the field...

or a series of crossing routes... where everytime the ohio state receiver catches the ball, you see no maize and blue anywhere on your TV screen and start mentally preparing to accept that they just gained another 20-30 yards as easily as if they were playing a MAC team.

So... I don't know what we have to do here to win. Pray. Fast. Burn incense. Sacrifice a goat. Abstain from sexual intercourse for weeks. Declare Jihad.

Nah, don?t do that.

Especially not with a goat.

The universe will right itself in time.

Close enough??

51681240949_30cd1704c5_k.jpg
Hope to see alot of this today! GO BLUE!

Nah ? I?m just going to watch.

Nah ? I?m just going to watch.

WHAT?!?! You're not going to pray for a win?

let me preface it this way: KNOWING Ohio State is a sleazy program that stands for all that is wrong with college sports, America, and humanity in general... you're not going to pray for a win?

WHAT?!?! You're not going to pray for a win?

let me preface it this way: KNOWING Ohio State is a sleazy program that stands for all that is wrong with college sports, America, and humanity in general... you're not going to pray for a win?

I pray for matters that are far more important than football games. I do pray that the players are not seriously injured, however.

I pray for matters that are far more important than football games. I do pray that the players are not seriously injured, however.

Think about it this way. If Michigan loses then there will be a handful of young men who decide to go to school and play football elsewhere. And while the football aspect may not be that important on the surface, they will likely be getting a lesser education. So pray for the poor souls of those young men to be saved... By Michigan beating OSU, winning the B1G and the national championship.

Think about it this way. If Michigan loses then there will be a handful of young men who decide to go to school and play football elsewhere. And while the football aspect may not be that important on the surface, they will likely be getting a lesser education. So pray for the poor souls of those young men to be saved... By Michigan beating OSU, winning the B1G and the national championship.

not only that, but by going to OSU and learning how to "play the game" those players will further the stench of under-the-table payments and what not that characterizes such programs when they get out into the real world.

Ok, if you put it that way, I?ll make a petition:

?Heavenly Father, Eternal God, I humbly ask for your favor and mercy and, if it be your will, for a Michigan football victory over Ohio State this season.?

Hail Mary, full of grace, blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.

?Heavenly Father, Eternal God, I humbly ask for your favor and mercy and, if it be your will, for a Michigan football victory over Ohio State this season.?

Hail Mary, full of grace, blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.

Amen. May His Will be done.

She?s a Notre Dame fan.

They literally named the place for her.

She?s a Notre Dame fan.

They literally named the place for her.

Our Lady loves every person on Earth as if they were her own children, so, no special treatment for anyone ? just gentle admonishment for us to turn to her Son, and, sometimes, not-so-gentle admonition.

Back