Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official PennSt vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said to the people around me, "calm down, that won't ever happen again."

... regarding the pick-6 that bounced off schoonmaker's helmet. And that if you took away two plays, penn state had like 1 first down all half

I thought the ball hit the ground and bounced up and was like, stop running asshole. On to the next play. And then it was, ok, how in the fuck?

Same. I totally thought the ball hit the ground and was coming back for 4th down

I also thought like that. There wasn't audio in the bar.

but when they showed the "touchdown penn state" graphic on the TV i was like "UH OH."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridiculous that Tennessee jumped us. Fucking SEC bias. I can't wait for college football playoff expansion. Tired of the Sec having all the power.

Win your games it won't matter.

Yes
Both are true. But you can?t tell me Michigan beat down of Psu wasn?t better then that high scoring shit crap defense Tennessee and Alabama trotted out there.

Last edited:
Yes
Both are true. But you can?t tell me Michigan beat down of Psu wasn?t better then that high scoring shit crap defense Tennessee and Alabama trotted out there.

I agree but voters are always bias against UM. And they treat Alabama like the 2nd coming.

Ridiculous that Tennessee jumped us. Fucking SEC bias. I can't wait for college football playoff expansion. Tired of the Sec having all the power.

Well, we stayed ahead of them in the coaches' poll, and got a first place vote. Though they got two. It really doesn't matter much right now, but it is kinda annoying.

I wasn't really that impressed by either Alabama or Tennessee; seemed like sandlot football. Guys wide open all over the place. Sloppy plays.

Georgia number 1 by default right now, but they play UT on 11/5. The annoying thing would be if UGA beats Tennessee, and then a 1-loss UT makes the playoffs without playing in their conference championship game.

Bama has a tough remaining schedule, but no one in the SEC east really does. If they win out, they're probably in. As is the winner of UGA/UT, depending on the SEC championship game goes; I don't see a 2-loss team making the playoffs.

UCLA/Oregon will sort themselves out next weekend. I think Clemson might have a loss sooner than later as well, but all their tough remaining games are at home. Not sure ND can beat them in South Bend.

Assuming there aren't a lot of big upsets remaining, there are probably going to be some pissed off fans when the playoff bracket is announced.

Last edited by a moderator:

So you don't think that the team that's beaten 4 ranked teams should be ranked ahead of the team that has beat 1? Michigan may be better, but they have the same record and Tennessee has a much better resume. If anything, be mad that your program had the weakest non conference schedule in the country.

Alright, here is the thing. We used to never have a problem beating an SEC team and I'm not talking just Florida. I think we were 23-7 at one point. We also used to have a winning record against Alabama, but those days are gone and we havent proven shit against an SEC team since 2015-16. So why would anyone give us the benefit of the doubt? I sure as hell wouldn't, especially when we got our asses handed to us last year. Win out and the benefit of the doubt will be given for the years to come. OSU had to earn it, now so do we.

It was wild, seeing the o-line in this game compared to the Maryland game. Also saw a stat that Michigan hasn't been 7-0 in consecutive years since 73,74.

So you don't think that the team that's beaten 4 ranked teams should be ranked ahead of the team that has beat 1? Michigan may be better, but they have the same record and Tennessee has a much better resume. If anything, be mad that your program had the weakest non conference schedule in the country.

Then why weren't they ranked ahead before now. But based on this week's game no way they should have passed UM.

Then why weren't they ranked ahead before now. But based on this week's game no way they should have passed UM.

Because they started the season unranked and uofm started the season in the top 10. It takes time to climb the rankings even if some of the teams ahead of you don't play anyone. And they didn't beat the top ranked team in the country until 2 days ago.

Last edited:
I know, right?

The Denny Franklin days.

I was there.

I was there too, in one of my prior forms as the Fifth Dalai Lama, the then-incarnation of Avalokite?vara, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.

Only I wasn't paying attention to Michigan football at the time, so I didn't catch the fact that we had been 7-0 two years in a row

Who cares?

Just focus on getting revenge against the rival Spartans.

Then win out and finally win again in the Shoe.

Then win the B1G Championship Game.

Do that and nobody?s gonna care that Tennessee jumped Michigan in a poll that doesn?t matter after week 7.

Also the coaches have Michigan at #3, ahead of Tennessee, in another poll that also doesn?t matter, after week 7.

I was there too, in one of my prior forms as the Fifth Dalai Lama, the then-incarnation of Avalokite?vara, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.

Only I wasn't paying attention to Michigan football at the time, so I didn't catch the fact that we had been 7-0 two years in a row

That was you?

And also if you weren?t paying attention to Michigan football, what were you doing there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back