Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Playoff Announcement Thread!

I doubt Buddha nor Krishna advocate American Football as a prudent pursuit. Hell, I wonder if I do these days.

Actually both would probably be pretty effective on the O line.

By the time a defender would get around Buddha the ball carrier would be downfield.

The normal human reaction to the Hare Krishna is to move away from them; also would be effective against defenders.

Actually both would probably be pretty effective on the O line.

By the time a defender would get around Buddha the ball carrier would be downfield.

The normal human reaction to the Hare Krishna is to move away from them; also would be effective against defenders.

this Krishna guy was a five-star recruit who just declared for MSU.

https://youtu.be/f4CizzE-zZo?feature=shared

I don't know why people say Alabama is the hottest team in the country right now. Is it that big win over the football juggernaut Chattanooga in week 11 of the season? Or the win over 6-6 Auburn that required Bama covert a 4th and 31 or whatever it was, or the win over 7-5 Kentucky? The close win over Georgia was nice, but this year's Georgia is not the same as the previous two years. They were ranked #1 only because they won the NC last year and their schedule was so soft this year that they were not going to lose until they faced a decent team. Over the same weeks, Michigan beat two top 10 teams, PSU in their own house. A very tough Maryland team in their house, and Ohio State that was ranked 2nd in the country, all without their head coach on sideline, and then they beat 16th ranked Iowa for the B1G championship. By my analysis, Michigan is by far the much hotter team. Bama is ripe for the picking! Bring em on! GO BLUE!

That very tough Maryland team has the same record as Kentucky and would probably lose to Kentucky. Alabama's schedule overall was much tougher and they beat LSU, Tenn and Georgia in the last 5 weeks. LSU and Tenn are both better than Penn State - psu's ranking is more a function of playing in a shitty top heavy conference than their team - same with Iowa. Here are the offenses uofm played (including Iowa in the B1G championship)

Out of 130 D1 teams...
Iowa - 130th
Michigan State - 125th
Minnesota - 122nd
Rutgers - 120th
Nebraska - tied 116th
Indiana - 99th
East Carolina - 127th
Bowling Green - 103rd

That's 8 of 13 opponents near the absolute bottom in total offense.

Last edited:
That very tough Maryland team has the same record as Kentucky and would probably lose to Kentucky.

You mean that Maryland team that beat the Spartans in East Lansing 31-9? I hope the Spartans will enjoy watching Michigan win the Rose Bowl.

You mean that Maryland team that beat the Spartans in East Lansing 31-9? I hope the Spartans will enjoy watching Michigan win the Rose Bowl.

Just let him shout into the void with this stuff... almost every week this season he's been on here nitpicking some statistic to argue ad nauseum over, and why it proves we're not a good team or great team or an SEC team (always a moving target), or telling us why we're going to lose (knowing eventually he'll be right).

67119257-don-t-feed-the-troll-web-internet-troll-face-meme.jpg

was listing to some show on XM today and they had a Vegas oddsmaker on. They were talking about the 4 teams that were selected. He said that Georgia would be a 8 point favorite over Washington, OSU 7 point favorite, and both would be favored over TX and FSU as well. So he went on to say that they say that they picked the most deserving teams. He "debunked" that saying that FSU would be one of the most deserving since they were undefeated. He had some good insight...pretty interesting POV. His opinion was that they didn't pick the 4 best and didn't pick the 4 most deserving. FWIW, he did comment that the only team that had a no doubt claim to be in the top 4 was UM.

was listing to some show on XM today and they had a Vegas oddsmaker on. They were talking about the 4 teams that were selected. He said that Georgia would be a 8 point favorite over Washington, OSU 7 point favorite, and both would be favored over TX and FSU as well. So he went on to say that they say that they picked the most deserving teams. He "debunked" that saying that FSU would be one of the most deserving since they were undefeated. He had some good insight...pretty interesting POV. His opinion was that they didn't pick the 4 best and didn't pick the 4 most deserving. FWIW, he did comment that the only team that had a no doubt claim to be in the top 4 was UM.

so he said they picked the 4 most deserving teams, then debunked his own statement? get outta here with this nonsense...

so he said they picked the 4 most deserving teams, then debunked his own statement? get outta here with this nonsense...

sorry, the way I worded it wasn't great. He said it wasn't the best 4 because he said Georgia and OSU would be considered in the top 4. And he said not the 4 most "deserving" because an undefeated FSU should be considered most deserving because they were undefeated. He may not used the word "deserving"...I am just going by memory.

Back