Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Playoff Announcement Thread!

This is how I listed it in the other thread. After UM and UW there were probably 5 teams that could make cases for those last 2 spots. Texas, Alabama, FSU, Georgia and honestly OSU had a decent case. Their only loss was a 6 pt road loss to the #1 team on this list. 1 play away from being #1 on this list and they don't even make the top 6? Crazy year

I can't believe they did that to a undefeated acc champ lol. Crazy. Sec should not be in the cfp.

oh well... tough draw, but gotta show up and play. we'd have to beat Alabama eventually

Screw Bama and apparently defense matters little in the case of FSU. Undefeated and they got jack..

Of all the playoff contenders, Bama had the toughest schedule. this is an all time huge matchup.

Clash of the Titans

Apparently the 'selection committee' had forgotten about the previous week when Ala. needed a 4 and 31 play against a 6-5 team. This is all BS. Michigan will destroy them.

Apparently the 'selection committee' had forgotten about the previous week when Ala. needed a 4 and 31 play against a 6-5 team. This is all BS. Michigan will destroy them.

Your mouth to God?s ear because, ya know Coach Harbaugh seems to think we have God?s team this season.

I'm glad we got Bama. I want to beat Saban because I hate him. Good coach but propped up by having the biggest bag and car program in the country. Was mediocre as hell at MSU and awful in the NFL. Take him down.

Mikey Sandrastil has to spy Milroe. Our o line and receivers have to get better by then

Have to hope Alabama plays undisciplined on defense. Use their speed against them, so that they run themselves out of the play. Milroe scrambling is going to cause huge issues for the defense. I can see that breakdown that happens where he scrambles and then we leave someone wide open for a huge score. If this team wants to be the best, you gotta beat the best. Nothing will be handed to this team. Time to show the nation this team isnt a fraud. Our offensive line is offensive at the moment, so this will be a huge uphill battle.

It's pretty obvious that Alabama is the better team when compared to FSU. I doubt that MSU wanted to play Alabama
way back when when they lost 38 to nothing in the college playoff. I speculate the reaction was more surprise that FSU was snubbed than disappointment in Alabama was selected. I noticed there's not a single comment from any Michigan player on the topic. Apparently no one thought to ask them what they thought about Alabama being selected as an opponent. Meanwhile, Michigan State languished in the Big Ten East as fodder for M, OSU, PSU, Maryland, Rutgers, and others.

Last edited:

It doesn?t matter.

Whomever is going to win the Natty whether there are four teams or 127 in front of them is going have to beat the next team in front of them.

I?ll tell what - because I don?t plan on dying this year- nothing is going to change ?when Michigan is out and the Spartans are alive?I?ll pull for the Spartans.

It?s how I was raised.

Always, and forever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWYm1DZ650&pp=ygUhaWYgeW91IGdvIGRvd24gaSdtIGdvaW5nIGRvd24gdG9v

What does posting a link of groans from the team have to do with msu????

Talk about a fucking reach, lol. The mood was the way it was because its more about FSU getting the snub that the playoff committee actually did it. It had nothing to do with playing Alabama. There would have been lack of emotion regardless of the opponent. It's called being reserved. They knew it would be a tough team no matter the opponent. This is pure bullshit on SI's part.

What does posting a link of groans from the team have to do with msu????

Yeah, just watched it again with volume all the way up. Not a single groan. Groans are, aw shit. Not clapping and ooooo and ahhhs, that I heard. Nothing to see, here, but clickbait on SI's part.

Talk about a fucking reach, lol. The mood was the way it was because its more about FSU getting the snub that the playoff committee actually did it. It had nothing to do with playing Alabama. There would have been lack of emotion regardless of the opponent. It's called being reserved. They knew it would be a tough team no matter the opponent. This is pure bullshit on SI's part.

Just more SEC hype. This is the best team Michigan has had in years. They can take out Bama. Get it done. GO BLUE!

Back