Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Playoff Announcement Thread!

Last years team was better, especially the OLine.

Agreed. Our OLine and run game have not been as good this year. Was expecting a big leap forward from Donovan Edwards this year and we got anything but.

Having said that anyone can win a single game scenario. JH better have the boys ready this time around that's for sure.

Agreed. Our OLine and run game have not been as good this year. Was expecting a big leap forward from Donovan Edwards this year and we got anything but.

Having said that anyone can win a single game scenario. JH better have the boys ready this time around that's for sure.

Use Don in the passing game. He's an amazing receiver. We've done it for one game, see Maryland 10 reception game, in his career. I feel like I'm living Chris Evans deja vu where our coaching staff thinks throwing to RBs is against the rules.

Last years team was better, especially the OLine.

But God is with us this year.

Not just God, but Jesus Christ himself.

I heard Coach Harbaugh say that about one hour into the four hour ESPN announcement show this morning.

So if we have both God AND Jesus H. Christ (I think H is for Harry, like that one prince of England) who CARES about the offensive being better or not as good?

NOTE: Every time I change the frame of spectacles I wear?my Junior AnnArborite in the Vince Lombardi JR Football League does the same thing. It?s eerie. Does he have somebody spying on me?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qXrPe...1Z2ggc2F5cyBnb2QgaXMgb24gbWljaGlnYW4ncyBzaWRl

Damn.

He is a handsome kid.

A handsome kid from Ann Arbor.

Last edited:
JH has a habit of publicly thanking God and His only Son on television, going back to when he (JH) QBd the Colts to an upset playoff win over KC in 1995 that put the Colts in the AFC championship game against the Steelers.

that 4th and 31 conversion/TD really was the biggest play in college football this season, and I can't think of another that comes close.

Your mouth to God?s ear because, ya know Coach Harbaugh seems to think we have God?s team this season.

I wonder how god chooses his teams. Some sort of randomizer wheel app? Names out of a hat? Eenie meenie minee moe?

As you know, last year's team lost to TCU. That should not have happened. This year's team would not have lost to TCU. Maybe to Georgia, but not TCU.

Is it because this year?s O line is better?

Or is it because this year we have God and Jesus, and stuff?

Giving thanks to God is not the same as God "choosing" a team. Seems that this team has invited God to be a part of The Team.

Giving thanks to God is not the same as God "choosing" a team. Seems that this team has invited God to be a part of The Team.

I assume we're talking about the Christian God here.

Can he block as well as Zinter could? That's where we could really use him.

I like the way the team is talking this year much better than last year. Seems they learned their lesson about talking shit and overlooking an opponent. I got a real bad feeling last year when I heard JJ say "If they stay in that 3-3-5 it's gonna be a long day" and sure enough they played an egg. Hopefully they're taking it more serious this year and this draw probably helps that.

Maybe Jesus is actually TacoPants, and he can never catch those passes because of the holes in his hands.

FSU should be complaining about Texas, not Alabama. They should have gotten the 3 spot and Alabama beating Georgia was enough for them to leapfrog Texas for the 4th. Alabama might have struggled against Auburn but Texas lost in week 6 and struggled against TCU and Iowa State. uofm fans shouldn't be complaining about Alabama either, if anything their gripe should be that Washington didn't leapfrog them for the 1 spot to play Alabama.

Last edited:
I don't know why people say Alabama is the hottest team in the country right now. Is it that big win over the football juggernaut Chattanooga in week 11 of the season? Or the win over 6-6 Auburn that required Bama covert a 4th and 31 or whatever it was, or the win over 7-5 Kentucky? The close win over Georgia was nice, but this year's Georgia is not the same as the previous two years. They were ranked #1 only because they won the NC last year and their schedule was so soft this year that they were not going to lose until they faced a decent team. Over the same weeks, Michigan beat two top 10 teams, PSU in their own house. A very tough Maryland team in their house, and Ohio State that was ranked 2nd in the country, all without their head coach on sideline, and then they beat 16th ranked Iowa for the B1G championship. By my analysis, Michigan is by far the much hotter team. Bama is ripe for the picking! Bring em on! GO BLUE!

Back