Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Rose Bowl Score Prediction Thread

Shout out to all the Michigan fans that actually predicted a Michigan win

I just couldn't. Our history in postseason games plus against saban and the sec. History is always the best predictor, but we beat the odds.

I just couldn't. Our history in postseason games plus against saban and the sec. History is always the best predictor, but we beat the odds.

I know what you mean Monster. My euphoria over the win has started to diminished over the last couple of days and it has occurred to me that in recent history this was the type of game Michigan would lose, and they very nearly did lose. So many lucky breaks in this game went Michigan's way:

The overturning of the interception.
Milroe slipping down 4 yards short of a 1st down (rewatched that play and he slipped trying to make a cut).
The non-call of roughing the kicker.
The fingertip catch on the backward pass from Edwards to JJ, which probably would have resulted in a scoop and score by Bama. And the subsequent pass from JJ to Wilson for a big gain.
The tipped pass from JJ to Wilson that set up the tying TD.
The flubbed punt reception inside the 5 at the end of regulation that could have easily resulted in a Bama TD.
The bad snap to Milroe on the last play of the game that caused him to panic and run into the line.

If a couple of these had gone the other way, I don't think Michigan wins the game. But this time, this one time, they went in favor of Michigan.

Back