Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Rutgers vs ][V][ichgan Game Thread

So Michigan does not cover, but also does not fail to cover as it did in the three previous games.

Some might view that as progress.

We?ll see.

2019?

Like, pre-Covid, and shit?

Like, before we were all about to die, and shit?

I believe the M Go Blow vernacular is "BPONE", which is an acronym for "black pit of negative expectations". Referring to how we as Michigan fans have been conditioned to expect bad things to happen whenever things seem to be going well.

This team is fine. They've played 4 games and none of them have been close.

Michigan had 7 drives today. They had 1 3 and out, 3 TDs, 2 field goals and end of game. So the offense scored on 5/6 drives where scoring was the objective. They were 8/13 on 3rd down, 2/2 on 4th down. I don't know what else people want to see out of the offense. They have things to work on but they're going to win 99% of games if you're getting points every possession.

The Freep said the game was over in less than 2 hours and 30 minutes. That's kinda crazy.

I think it was a good game; Rutgers isn't bad, and we'll run for more yards against most of our remaining opponents. Especially ones that have lousy defenses.

I believe the M Go Blow vernacular is "BPONE", which is an acronym for "black pit of negative expectations". Referring to how we as Michigan fans have been conditioned to expect bad things to happen whenever things seem to be going well.

This team is fine. They've played 4 games and none of them have been close.

I?m on the same page.

Since 1969, I have viewed the expectant Michigan football season with an expectation of greatness.

Happens often, not always, and either way it has nothing to do with anything in my control.

I?m just a guy who during the 1970s spent Michigan home games on the stone cold steps of Michigan Stadium participating in the Scout Usher program.

Then Don Canham decided it was less profitable than other shit and he canceled the program.

Oh well.

By that time I was having ?hot for teacher? ideas (nothing emerged from it) with his daughter Claire at Pioneer High.

Until Michigan l#^^+#+ses twice (I won?t literally spell it out), they?re in the NC hunt.

Also - what was wrong with today?

The game was a push.

M will still be #2 in the polls.

Not that that matters.

The stat that matters is 0 losses.

Zee-ro.

Great win today. I thought Rutgers D would give us fits and they did in the 1st half. Oline looked spectacular in the 2nd half and came out with authority. D clamped shit down and , yes, I called for a big play out of Mikey and he came thru, BigTime. The only little thing that bothered me was Edwards not being able to break any tackles. I thought for sure that that would come this year with the work in the weight room. Hopefully, he gets stronger as the year progresses.

Every team is going to play Michigan tough. Especially B1G teams. Everyone is gunning for the Big Dog.

Jim apparently mentioned that Bo would've loved this type of game during his post game presser. I get he had a personal relationship with the man but I really wish the school and Jim would stop with the Bo reverence.

Back