Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Rutgers vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

was Harbaugh's post game comment about that first down "we ran the ball outside" a dig at Gattis' playcalling?

Tough to dig at a guy running your preferred offensive gameplan.

Avril Lavigne could have called a better offensive game today. This was the same bang your head against a brick wall garbage we saw against Army in 2019.

Well, guys, look at the bright side: we won by a TD against an undefeated conference opponent. And we lead the whole game.

We didn't lose to an unranked opponent like Clemson, or Iowa St, or a lower-ranked opponent like Texas A&M. And we didn't almost lose to a crappy Sun Belt team like Auburn.

When is Michigan ever going to get a QB who can throw it down field and get some yards.

We pounded the ball down the field and scored. Then we scored again. Then we kicked a field goal, then we should have had another TD but the receiver stumbled and McNamara didn't adjust, so we had to settle for a field goal.

Then the team took their foot off the gas and thought they could coast. Once that happens it's nearly impossible to get the momentum back. Fortunately, the opponent was one of the weaker members of the league. I told my brother this may have been the best thing that could have happened (to a young team starting to believe it's own "press clippings"). You can tell players not to let up, but when they experience it it makes an impression. Again fortunately, it didn't result in a loss.

Just finished watching the game. My impression was that in the 2nd quarter when Cade got popped on that late hit he had his bell rung. After that he was unable to set his feet properly, and his happy feet caused him to miss on his throws afterward.

Not saying he was concussed, but he was definitely different after that hit so something happened to him on that play.

Someone needed to notice what was happening and settle his nerves.

Defense was lost when Ross got hurt. Hopefully he is back 100% vs Wisconsin.

What did any player do today to beat O$U? Nothing! Well, maybe Ojabo when he forced that fumble. The D needs more of those.

Seems like Rutgers showed the blueprint for the rest of the B1G to follow. We shall see if the coaching staff can overcome. But for right now I?ll enjoy the 4-0 start. Not many predicted that before the season

Seems like Rutgers showed the blueprint for the rest of the B1G to follow. We shall see if the coaching staff can overcome. But for right now I?ll enjoy the 4-0 start. Not many predicted that before the season

is the blueprint to just pile 8 guys up in the center?

is the blueprint to just pile 8 guys up in the center?

Yes. Stack the box and force Michigan's offense to succeed by doing something other than running between the tackles. There's a good chance the coaches won't even adjust and try anything but running between the tackles. Why would they adjust when they can get 2 yards up the middle every play and go 3 and out every possession of a half?

Michigan coaching staff was schooled again after halftime. Same shit different year. I'd rather have the Freshman starting at qb if this is how the offense is being run. They never tried any outside running plays. They never tried tp throw over the middle. It was like the Army game all over again. Nebraska has a legit defense and sooner or later they will get lucky in a close game. Wisconsin has a way better defense then Rutgers. I'd be shocked if we go 1-1 over the next two games.
Ross was a huge loss. Hope he is ok. Why are we not trying to throw to
All. He seems ro have his hands fixed. Use him.

My God. Get your running backs in SPACE Gattis you dumbass. He is going to get Blake killed. Also why is Blake doing kick off returns.
Glad they won but it was not pretty.

There was the 1 pass to All where the DBs blew their assignments and after catching it he was shocked no one was there to hit him.

They have thrown deep middle passes, but I fully get the point being made about shorter crossing routes that have typically been used against UM defenses in the past yet our OCs appear incapable of using against defenses running tight man coverage. How many times was Don Brown's scheme destroyed by those routes yet we seem incapable of using them, it makes zero sense.

While Wisconsin has a legit run defense, their pass defense sucks, as does their offense. They are capable of stopping the run, but that is it. Of course, fucking Rutgers stopped our #1 rushing attack because all Gattis would call was runs up the middle for some stupid reason. The OL that was so dominant, even against Washington, was repeatedly beaten by Rutgers stacking the inside. They didn't even try 1 reverse or jet sweep, and the 1 time Xade should have handed the ball off he held onto it and the LB ate him up.

The team showed they still have a long road to beating O$U and their mantra showed they better start asking What have you done in the past hour to beat O$U to get where they need to be.

On the bright side, yesterday was one of those days where upsets were frequent. When you play poorly as the favorite on those days and still win, you count your blessings and move forward.

Wisky is beatable. Unfortunately in some ways, they are so beatable they will likely drop from being in Top 25 when UM plays them.

Nebraska is scrappy, but beatable. NW is definitely beatable. UM should...SHOULD...be undefeated when entering the MSU game.

Wisconsin just lost by 30 when the opposing qb completed 50% of his passes for 178 yards. They're not that good either.

Yeah, I saw that. I meant it in the sense that it is going to be a battle of two teams on the downside of their seasons. But Michigan did get the win. Hopefully, the Badgers will be demoralized and Michigan can walk away with a win.

But it is clear, Michigan is not going to beat PSU. OSU appears to be in disarray so maybe Michigan can get that win finally.

Well, guys, look at the bright side: we won by a TD against an undefeated conference opponent. And we lead the whole game.

We didn't lose to an unranked opponent like Clemson, or Iowa St, or a lower-ranked opponent like Texas A&M. And we didn't almost lose to a crappy Sun Belt team like Auburn.

And there were no serious injuries.

Back