Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official THE GA][V][E Game Thread 2023 Edition

Does OSU make it into the playoffs again this year? I hope not!! They lost to Michigan that didn't even have their head coach!

Ima go....

1 Georgia
2 Michigan
3 Florida state
4 Oregon

Although i kinda want to see Alabama beat Georgia so the playoff committee is pressured to make a decision between a conference champ vs Georgia.

Ima go....

1 Georgia
2 Michigan
3 Florida state
4 Oregon

Although i kinda want to see Alabama beat Georgia so the playoff committee is pressured to make a decision between a conference champ vs Georgia.

My guess on the actual playoff field:

1. UGA
2. Michigan
3. Oregon
4. Texas

My guess on the actual playoff field:

1. UGA
2. Michigan
3. Oregon
4. Texas

Florida state can easily lose this week or next. I'm hoping they don't cause i want them in the 2 v 3 match up.

Edit...damn they are already losing 10-0 in the 2nd lol.

Last edited:
I read the announced attendance was only 110,615. That seems low for a game of this magnitude. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things I just was surprised to read that was the number.

I read the announced attendance was only 110,615. That seems low for a game of this magnitude. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things I just was surprised to read that was the number.

I went to the game and my friend who had the tickets said they widen the seats a few years again and I think it took some numbers away..

I can tell you it was packed. The students were all there early and it was a madhouse after the game with everyone storming the field.

Last edited:
Is it 22 years in a row the team that has rushed the most in this game has won it.

I think Ohio State hasn't beaten Michigan in 1456 days and running.It will be around 1800 plus days by the time the teams meet in Columbus next seaso !

Last edited:
I really wanted Our coach to try to get a first down and ice the game. I get making them use all the time outs and going up 6. Man Those Osu wr were fantastic. But in the end he was right and I was wrong. They got into field goal range and still had to push for the TD, and Osu qb was hit and we made the much needed Int.

I really wanted Our coach to try to get a first down and ice the game. I get making them use all the time outs and going up 6. Man Those Osu wr were fantastic. But in the end he was right and I was wrong. They got into field goal range and still had to push for the TD, and Osu qb was hit and we made the much needed Int.

No you weren?t wrong.

On 2nd and 3rd down before the FG I wanted to see play action with JJ on the edges. Back on this thread I posted that before both plays.

But our guys won.

F the Buckeyes, F Fox Sports, F weakass crybaby Ryan Day, F the B1G, F the NCAA?F Urban Meyer?.who else?

F that effer on ESPN effin? Herbstreit?F that mother effer.

Nice call there sir!

What a game, what a game, what a game! Had the privilege to watch this one again with my dad and brother. Never a sweeter day of the year when Michigan beats OSU baby!

Go Blue!!!

Never a sweeter day.

And it doesn?t happen every year.

Hardly.

Michigan vs Everybody.

BET.

The Official OSU Twix account STILL hasn't posted the final score.

Before the game, Day said:

?We?ve learned a lot about what?s gone on the last two years?I don?t think it does any good to comment on it right now,? Day told WBNS-10TV in Columbus. ?There?ll be a time and place for that. What matters is this game and getting our guys prepared to go win it.?​

Who is "we" here?

When can we expect to hear his comment on what "they" have learned?

No you weren?t wrong.

On 2nd and 3rd down before the FG I wanted to see play action with JJ on the edges. Back on this thread I posted that before both plays.

But our guys won.

F the Buckeyes, F Fox Sports, F weakass crybaby Ryan Day, F the B1G, F the NCAA?F Urban Meyer?.who else?

F gotime909

?We?ve learned a lot about what?s gone on the last two years?I don?t think it does any good to comment on it right now,? Day told WBNS-10TV in Columbus. ?There?ll be a time and place for that. What matters is this game and getting our guys prepared to go win it.?​

Who is "we" here?

We already know what they?ve learned.

They?ve learned the Ryan Day Buckeyes are soft.

Even that effin? F Urban Meyer said it after the game.

Meyer is a POS, but it?s hard to argue his Buckeyes weren?t tough.

Who is "we" here?

Interesting comment by Cryin Ryan Day. So is this an admission that he was behind all the bullshit that has been heaped on Michigan the last few weeks? Sounds like an admission to me. I hope they run him out of Columbus.

Ohio tears are sweet!

No you weren?t wrong.

But our guys won.

Timeouts just simply mean less in college football. You make them burn a timeout and there's still over a minute left. That's a lifetime in college with the clock stopping every first down. As it played out they had plenty of time to score... that TO meant nothing. Could it have once they got close to the end zone? Maybe.

But a first down would have ended it. All you did was extend the game for osu and make them to score a td instead of 3. Worked out cause mccord sucks :D...But a td by osu and you lose.

We took the ball out of jjs hands in alot of meaningful snaps.

Last edited:
Interesting comment by Cryin Ryan Day. So is this an admission that he was behind all the bullshit that has been heaped on Michigan the last few weeks? Sounds like an admission to me. I hope they run him out of Columbus.

Ohio tears are sweet!

I think he expected this would be an easy win for him, without Harbaugh across the field. And his plan was to go and do some Ohio radio shows afterward, and say "See, I only lost to Michigan twice in a row because they were cheating, and without Cheating Harbaugh, we win every year," knowing most of the fans would eat that shit without question.

I had some sympathy for him before last week; after the way he responded and talked coming up to this one, not anymore. This gig might just end up eating him alive.

I also think the press SHOULD have asked the question: if it wasn't Day's brother's P.I. agency behind the investigation... who's was it? WHO PAID FOR IT?!?!

and how did they get the NCAA and Big Ten to run with it? If I pay for a PI to track (say for example) all the OSU players' cars, how they got them, & what happened to them after graduation... and that investigation revealed improprieties... and I send that to the NCAA... would it get the same traction? Would the Big Ten suspend Day during the season?

These things don't just happen... investigations cost a fuck load of money, and PI's are not easy to deal with. someone paid for this, and pulled strings to make it happen.

Back