Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

Monroe could end up being the best of the 3 though. I really like our big team. Negotiate with Monroe, give him the max if need be. We already have Jennings and KCP, who could end up being good, and is certainly athletic enough to end up fitting well.

Winners pay their good drafted players, not trade them away for a position that isn't as despitute as you think. Chauncey can be a serviceable or better PG until KCP or a future drafted player is ready to step in with Jennings, Smith, Drummond, and Moose.

Monroe could be the best of the 3 maybe, but I doubt it and the Pistons doubt it too. They are incredibly high on Drummond in particular and would gladly part with Monroe over him if you put a gun to their head. Josh Smith is an athletic freak who blocks shots and rebounds with anybody in the league. Remember the knock on Monroe is his defense, and getting burned by the better PFs in the league. Against the Wizards, the Pistons were outplayed badly when it was just Monroe in by himself.

Chauncey is on his last legs, and he's been plagued by injuries as he ages. I don't really think you can count on him to be any sort of savior, but you're right he will be serviceable as long as he is on the court. KCP does not look like he will become any sort of star player, but he could become a solid role player. He seems more like a good piece to have around an already built team instead of the other way around, but it's early on him of course. Jennings I have to wait and see on. He could be a great player here, or he could just be another chucker. I never watched him play a whole lot before he came here so I don't know how to assess him yet. Bottom line to me is we could use better wing players overall and especially need a good solid 3 man.

And certainly winners trade their draft picks away if it's beneficial. The Boston trade for Garnett comes to mind for one. They traded Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, and Gerald Green (all Celtic draft picks) along with two other guys for KG.

KG is a HOF superstar, Rudy Gay is a mid level player. Not KG caliber. Not the same.

KG is a HOF superstar, Rudy Gay is a mid level player. Not KG caliber. Not the same.

I understand that, but the point remains it is acceptable to trade players you have drafted if it improves your team overall. I didn't know if you made that comment as your own sort of personal philosophy, or if you were presenting it as some sort of historical NBA truism. I'm not saying Monroe sucks or anything like that, but I think it benefits the Pistons more to trade him rather than give him max money.

Huge 3 by Josh Smith, up 6 with about a minute left

Going to OT tied 95-95. Memphis tied it after Drummond got called for offensive goaltending .

Things are getting ugly quick....Tayshaun with the three and Monroe gets blocked, goes the other way for 2. Memphis up 7 now.

Pistons lose to Memphis Not a good loss to take, especially against a good opponent on the road. Up 6 with just over a minute to play you have to close the deal. Pistons gave this one away plain and simple. Too many mistakes boys, it's a shame. They should be pissed about this one.

Garbage 3 to end the game, Pistons struggle in OT Memphis wins 111-108

Ouch. Tough loss to stomach. Memphis moved the ball well and hit their 3s late, I'll at least give some credit to them, but we should have won this game.

We should have won for sure, up 5 with 1 minute left...Oh well I really like this team.

Stuckey looked good, looking to prove some people wrong. KCP also looked good. One of Stuckey or KCP should be moved to start along side Billups, or start both of them and have Billups, and Bynum man the 2nd unit.

KCP should start in due time. Seems like it took all of Knight, Drummond and Monroe at least until the All Star break to start during their rookie years (too lazy to look up the actual dates.) Bynum will probably start at PG until Jennings is back, seeing that Stuckey and Billups are better SGs.

Game 3 (11/3/13): Celtics @ Pistons

Game starts in a little under an hour

Jennings has looked good, and again the Pistons are getting lots of point in the paint. Nice to see. No KCP at all in the game up to this point. I hope he doesn't end up buried on the bench behind guys like Stuckey and Bynum.

From what I heard on the radio, sounded like they're falling apart. Turnovers, offensive fouls, etc.

13-0 run for the Celtics

Looks like the Pistons are getting back on track now

10-0 run for the Pistons now after the Jennings 3

Pistons up 10 now, Jennings falls on his ass but manages to get a pass off to Drummond for the score

Boston scratches and claws with a 10-2 run, 79-77 pistons around the 2:00 mark

Last edited:
Back