Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

Singler sinks two big free throws, up 6 with about a minute left. Hopefully this ends better than Memphis where they had the lead.

Pistons win 87-77

Was unnecessarily close there for a while.

Good win. It's nice to see them winning games they should win early on. Turnovers have got to be fixed though. We are lucky Boston was just as sloppy with the ball as us, or we could have easily lost this game. Josh Smith is a very good player, but he gets a little careless with the ball (6 turnovers just for him alone).

Love Jennings, he's a big reason we won this game, looks more comfortable than Knight ever did. Would liked to have seen KCP play, but too many guards to go around at the moment. Hopefully he'll take Bynum's minutes sooner rather than later.

Pistons were almost comically bad with the ball this game. Glad we won. Wondering why KCP didn't play, he looked good.

And please no more jerebko. Give his minutes to Gigi when he's healthy, or even tony Mitchell.

Pistons on a run, Pacers lead 38-37 now

Glad to see Datome get a little playing time. He missed his first couple of threes, but probably just a little bit of nerves. I'm excited to see him help us space the floor this year and see what he can do on defense. Looked like he was playing PF when he was on the court so far.

Man I didn't see any stats but we missed so many free throws, you just can't do that. 3 pt shooting was pretty bad too. This game shows we need KCP in there, but i'm happy datome got some playing time. His shots will drop eventually, and he didn't look bad out there.

Man I didn't see any stats but we missed so many free throws, you just can't do that. 3 pt shooting was pretty bad too. This game shows we need KCP in there, but i'm happy datome got some playing time. His shots will drop eventually, and he didn't look bad out there.

They were actually 20-25 on free throws...but 5-25 on 3 pointers.

We couldn't make a 3 to save our life (doesn't help when Josh Smith is jacking up 6 a game). I'd definitely like to see KCP get more playing time. He's a great defender and I think his shot will start falling soon.

Datome looked like a pretty good passer and like you said, his shots will fall. He played PF whenever he was in, which against smaller line-ups should work out fine.

I would've liked to see us feed Monroe the ball more in the post, but he was in foul trouble for the 1st half and often was guarded by Hibbert in the 2nd half.

Also, I thought Brandon Jennings was a better shooter...he made a couple 3s but overall his jumpshot was pretty spotty. Looked better driving to the basket.

Yeah, what I meant to say with KCP is that he is probably going to be a better 3 point shooter than bynum and stuckey, so he needs to be in there after a day we could not stretch the floor....at all. Even when they are playing good, you can't play guards who can't shoot deep when you other 3 players cannot shoot from 3 at all.

I think this Pacers game kind of confirms what we already knew about this team. They are improved and more exciting than they have been in years past, but still not a legit contender or elite. We saw an example of the bad side of Josh Smith in this game unfortunately going 5-16 from the field with 4 turnovers and lots of bad shots. That kind of play just won't win you games against the best teams.

The Pacers played together and played well. They didn't waste too many possessions with garbage shots like we had with Smith and Stuckey. Paul George is as good as advertised. Not the end of the world, hopefully the Pistons can continue to get better from here.

Back