Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Royals Game Thread, May 4th

No Sunday afternoon B lineup for JV Today, how wa bout that!

Tigers 7-1 vs lefties with another lefty today, whew glad to see them doing so well againts lefties so far this year, remember couple years ago hat wasn't the case when they had 9 iron delmon hacking up fur balls at pitches in the dirt

Last edited:
The one time we dont actually test Gordon, he makes a horrible throw. ok then.

Buuuut, it was a good idea to not test him. Im tired of getting runners cut down by him because we DO test him.

Last edited:
My goodness victor is just a great friggen hitter, he...not miggy so far, but it's victor that's making this wheel go around

Last edited:
Davis with his 10th stolen base. AJ led the team with 8 last year. lol

but speed is over rated!

It has cost us a bit as well. Kinsler got picked off and thrown out yesterday.

Speed/stolen bases help, but you still have to have the guys like Torii or Victor to drive them in.

It has cost us a bit as well. Kinsler got picked off and thrown out yesterday.

Speed/stolen bases help, but you still have to have the guys like Torii or Victor to drive them in.

That had less to do with speed and more to do with being stupid.

but speed is over rated!

Speed, used properly, is a benefit. The break-even point for steals increasing run expectancy is 75%. With Davis' steal today, we're at 73.3% (22 for 30), so we're right around where we want to be at the minimum. Hopefully some of the other TOOTBLANs will decrease and our steal % can also go up a little. No margin for error where we're at right now before it'll start costing us runs. Ok so far though.

That had less to do with speed and more to do with being stupid.

True. Though the same can be said of stolen bases. A smart baserunner can steal bases without having blinding speed.

Speed is a nice thing to have, but I don't rank it that high in importance as many do.

Now that time speed gained us another run. Nice hustle by Kinsler.

Plus, if Davis doesn't steal 2nd they flip to second to end the inning. Now Miggy adds two more RBIs!!

Last edited:
Infield single for Kinsler, double for Miggy, 5-0 Tigers!

Just left a family function. My dad, who has forgotten more about baseball than I'll ever know, said one thing, "Boy, is Asumus making Leyland look like an idiot, he's a big improvement and it's obvious he knows what he's doing. "

Miggy just continues to hit. 5-0.

That was some great baserunning! Speed definitely helps outside of steals too. No more fucking bellyflops.

Back