Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers trade for Austin Meadows

I remember him being the beat guy for 670 the score after his career.

Link Piersall has no recollection of the period of March to September of 1952, his rookie season in MLB. He was committed to hospitalization in July. From April to late June, he was hitting. 267 with an OBP of .379, and was the starting CF for the Red Sox. His mental illness is well-publicized.

Last edited:
mental illness is difficult to understand for those who don't suffer. That said, if he can't play baseball due to his illness, he should just walk away. He has a job to do and can't perform that task. It isn't fair to his employer to come and go as he pleases.

mental illness is difficult to understand for those who don't suffer. That said, if he can't play baseball due to his illness, he should just walk away. He has a job to do and can't perform that task. It isn't fair to his employer to come and go as he pleases.

I expect that that decision will eventually happen one way or another.

I thought I would see how Paredes is doing this year.

So far he as 3 HR and an OPS of .711

Since the trade

Paredes 23 HR
Meadows 0 HR

since today is the trade deadline, I thought I would look up how this trade is going.

Meadows 42 games, 9 XBH, 0 HR
Paredes 206 games, 73 XBH, 41 HR

I had forgotten about Meadows. It sounds like he's improving some. Even with the HRs Tom insist on bringing up, at the time it was a good trade. Just not working out. You trying to compete need to give up something..

Yeah, kinda bush to bring that trade up in that context. AA was a terrible GM, but that was a rare good trade at the time.

The shift in opinions of this trade is funny..

first 3 weeks after trade:

"You got austin meadows for nothing?! Wow the tigers are smart!"

after that.

"Peredes is awesome, the tigers are stupid".

What did the Rays know that they did not divulge to the degree that they would trade Meadows to a team for "nothing?" Did Avila not consider this deal was. "too good to be true?"

And will the real Isaac Paredes please stand up? Is this season an outlier or a potent of future production?

Last edited:
Back