Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers trade for Austin Meadows

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2022/04/06/thoughtful-thursday-2/
THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY.
Totally Tigers

The surprise signing of Austin Meadows pre-empted the usual Watercooler Wednesday so let?s catch up today and find out what Tigers fans are feeling.

The Tigers have now announced their Opening Day roster and will carry 28 players for 1 month due to the shortened spring training. It is expected that those extra players will be relievers.

A number of players are on the IL but expected to re-join the team when they are fully rehabbed. As a result, at least a couple players currently on the roster will return to Toledo.

The team is currently missing such essential players as Spencer Turnbull, Jake Rogers, Riley Greene and several pitchers due to late arrivals to camp. And now, Jose Cisnero is on the 60-day IL.

The Tigers added to their outfield and starting pitching rotation. Their infield has been almost completely revamped.

Lots of changes have been made and the roster is definitely better than last year. But which area concerns you most ? and why?

Is it lack of depth? Offense? Defense? Lack of experience? Inconsistent performance?

Use all of that in your evaluation.

Which area of the roster concerns you the most?

1. Starting rotation

2. Bullpen

3. Infield

4. Outfield

VOTE

I heard it on MLB radio this AM. Plus, he's been a negative defensive WAR player since he's been in the league.

Since 2019 MLB LFer (900 innings played)

Total DEF = Meadows 4th of 31 qualify (Grossman 10th, Christin Stewart 22nd)

UZR/150 = Meadows 3rd best of 31 qualify (Grossman 9th, Christin Stewart 27th)

DRS = Meadows 9th best of 31 qualify (Grossman 14th, Christin Stewart 20th)

There are numerous defensive metrics. Most saber guys will tell defense is much harder to evaluate than offense. Yet, almost all agree that Defensive WAR is one of the worst. The above metrics tell the overall story. He has demonstrated he is a top third defensive LFer. He would rank defensively higher than Robbie Grossman. That is all a Tiger fan needs to know.

Since 2019 MLB LFer (900 innings played)

Total DEF = Meadows 4th of 31 qualify (Grossman 10th, Christin Stewart 22nd)

UZR/150 = Meadows 3rd best of 31 qualify (Grossman 9th, Christin Stewart 27th)

DRS = Meadows 9th best of 31 qualify (Grossman 14th, Christin Stewart 20th)

There are numerous defensive metrics. Most saber guys will tell defense is much harder to evaluate than offense. Yet, almost all agree that Defensive WAR is one of the worst. The above metrics tell the overall story. He has demonstrated he is a top third defensive LFer. He would rank defensively higher than Robbie Grossman. That is all a Tiger fan needs to know.

so, he is the 4th best defensive LF in MLB?

My God AL is the worst GM in all of baseball. We must have complete idiots teaching tiger hitters.

My God AL is the worst GM in all of baseball. We must have complete idiots teaching tiger hitters.

If Chris Illitch lets Avila handle another draft and off season I will know for sure that he must've been adopted.

I do not thank the park helps Tiger hitters at all. They should reconfigured the dimensions
Somehow. Or find a Bunch of gap to gap hitters with some speed.

Back