Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Twins Game 120 August 16 2023

byco42

Game Time: 1:10 p.m. Target Field

ESPN Game Day

Tigers SP: Reese Olsen 2-5 4.45 1.14
Twins SP: Kenta Maeda 3-7 3.97 1.11

Detroit Tigers 53-66 3rd ALC -9.0 5-5 L2

LF Akil Baddoo L
CF Riley Greene L
3B Matt Vierling R
1B Spencer Torkelson R
RF Kerry Carpenter L
DH Miguel Cabrera R
SS Zach McKinstry L
2B Andy Ibanez R
C Jake Rogers R

Minnesota Twins 63-58 1st ALC +4.5 6-4 W3

2B Eduardo Julien L
DH Jorge Polanco S
RF Max Kepler L
3B Royce Lewis R
LF Matt Wallner L
1B Donovan Solano R
C Christian Vazquez R
CF Joey Gallo L
SS Kyle Farmer R

0%
83? Wind 20 mph R-L
LINE MIN -180
O/U 8.5 Runs

BR Game Notes

Freep Game Notes

Random Twins Player

NOTE: I'll not be available to do another game thread until this Saturday.

Last edited:
Tigers with a run on third and less then 2 outs are Allergic to getting the runner home.

Ibanez not even close on three pitches. Tigers are just awful at getting the runner home from third.

Rogers has to pick up his teammates. He fails.

Miggy lead off doubles. Goes to third on a short fly to fight field.

Ibanez with just another awful at bat . Put the damn ball in play.

Last edited:
Looks like Olson will have a short day. He gets 2 strikes on hitters and can?t put them away. Twins racking up the hits and runs.

Last edited:
Man Tork is raking as of late. dude could hit 30 home runs this year.

Good stuff.

4-3 them.. for now..

Olson isn't fooling anyone right now. Needs a dp really bad.

Last edited:
Tigers homegrown trio of Riley Greene, Spencer Torkelson and Kerry Carpenter today are a combined 7-for-12 today with 4 HR, 6 RBIs and 5 runs scored.

Spencer Torkelson has arrived!
6 home runs in his last 7 games.

Baddoo has reached base 8X in the last 4 games scoring 7 runs.

Today is a great day to be a Detroit Tigers fan.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1691901247157092467

Spencer Torkelson becomes the first Tigers first baseman to hit 20 or more home runs that was actually drafted by Detroit since Tony Clark hit 31 in 1999.

It's not like they all got together and decided to make Spencer Torkelson's strike zone wider but maybe they did.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1691829189215969428

Spencer Torkelson's homer in the third inning was his 20th of the season, becoming the seventh Tigers player to hit 20-or-more homers in his age-23 season, joining Travis Fryman, Hank Greenberg, Willie Horton, Matt Nokes, Jason Thompson and Rudy York.

Last edited:
These two and Carpenter are the only players I am interested in until the call ups. I really don't consider any other player on the entire roster being a "building block" for the franchise.

Skubal I think. Maybe Holton. But then Fetters seems to find
Bullpen guys. Can't wait see some of the kids get called up.

Vest in. Hope he is better then yesterday.

Last edited:
Skubal I think. Maybe Holton. But then Fetters seems to find
Bullpen guys. Can't wait to some of the kids get called up.

I don't think Skubal is anything more than a #3...maybe a low end #2. He's entering his first year of arbitration. I would trade him for the right package.

I don't think Skubal is anything more than a #3...maybe a low end #2. He's entering his first year of arbitration. I would trade him for the right package.

You still need 4 pitchers so if he is a 2 or 3 that is ok. With his injury history no gm with brains would
Give much for him. Then we have to hope our other pitchers coming off injuries can replace him.

Back