Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Blue Jays Game #88, July 8, 2023

biggunsbob

Tigers started home stand going 1-3 so far with two games left before the break.
Can the tigers ever have a winning streak with such poor hitting ?

AL central standings
Teams????W-L- Gb
Twins????.45-44
Cleveland?..44-44 .5
Detroit???.38-49 6
Chicago??..38-52 7.5
Kansas City.25-64 20
=====================
Blue Jays pitcher
Kevin Gausman
RHP
7-4, 3.04 ERA, 146 SO

Tigers pitcher
Matt Manning
RHP
2-1, 4.84 ERA, 15 SO

Records
Toronto 49-40
Detroit 38-49

DET Lineup
B Bichette (R) SS
B Belt (L) DH
V Guerrero Jr. (R) 1B
M Chapman (R) 3B
C Biggio (L) RF
W Merrifield (R) 2B
D Varsho (L) LF
A Kirk (R) C
K Kiermaier (L) CF

Detroit lineup
Z McKinstry (L) 3B
R Greene (L) DH
S Torkelson (R) 1B
K Carpenter (L) RF
M Vierling (R) LF
J B?ez (R) SS
E Haase (R) C
Z Short (R) 2b
J Marisnick (R) cf

Last edited:
G. Was right ! JS was the odd man out !

Tigers Designated Schoop for Greene. They also optioned a Faedo back to the Mud Hens and Activated
Bo Brieske.

Few days back New York Yankees claimed LHP Anthony Misiewicz off waivers from Detroit Tigers.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/roster/transactions

Last edited:
G. Was right ! JS was the odd man out !

Tigers Designated Schoop for Greene. They also optioned a Faedo back to the Mud Hens and Activated
Bo Brieske.

Few days back New York Yankees claimed LHP Anthony Misiewicz off waivers from Detroit Tigers.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/roster/transactions
Surprised but not surprised. They could have dumped him long time ago.. I hear he's just short of his 10 years. Important to players, hopefully he gets picked up.

Gotta say, lil annoyed at the amount of bluebitch fans filling up comerica right now.

Javy needs a telephone pole to hit the shit he's swinging at.

Will be pulling for Schoop. Hope someone picks him up and he hits .260 with 10-12 dingers in the second half.

Javy needs a telephone pole to hit the shit he's swinging at.

If the Blue Rays end up coming back and scoring a few runs, that should be seen as an obvious turning point. Not one of those pitches were a strike, and the double play sniffed out what might have been a decent rally.

Tigers notes:

A.J. Hinch said Riley Greene will play some DH and get scheduled days off post ASB, especially the firs 7-10 days.

Matt Vierling could play some IF going forward.

Beau Brieske will be a bridge RP, but Hinch said he wouldn't rule out starting in Brieske's future.

Since signing his contract extension August 7th of 2021, Schoop hit .217/.259/.325 through 879 PA'.
The 11-year MLB veteran, owed about $3.47 million for the remainder of the season, hit .213 with a .550 OPS in 55 games.
Jonathan Schoop?s career in Detroit:
2020-2023

- 1,402 at-bats
- 344 hits
- 41 home runs
- .245 batting average
- .674 OPS
- 3.1 WAR

With Matt Vierling taking grounders at second today, whether that was part of the plan in the second half, makes even more sense now.

Last edited:
OMG
I was watching casually watching Gameday while I did my thing with every thread I add material, and when I saw Mitch say Monroe is a jinxster I figured Monroe said something and the blue jays got a hit.

This is Great!!! after last night's game, also builds the teams confidence to come back in less than 24 hours and shut a team down that beat them with 12 runs Friday night.

Manning if he can stay healthy would be a boost to the Rotation.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1677784059890548737

Last edited:
OMG
I was watching casually watching Gameday while I did my thing with every thread I add material, and when I saw Mitch say Monroe is a jinxster I figured Monroe said something and the blue jays got a hit.

This is Great!!! after last night's game, also builds the teams confidence to come back in less than 24 hours and shut a team down that beat them with 12 runs Friday night.

Manning if he can stay healthy would be a boost to the Rotation.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1677784059890548737
I just assumed a hit was going to happen after Monroe. Apparently its a thing now, talking is okay. JUST glad it happened.

Damn I thought the game was tonight ! Missed all of it ! Well done !

Back