Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Diamondbacks Game #63 June 11 2023

DET now 11 games below .500 have lost 11/12 and have the 5th worst record in baseball..have lost every single game they have played in June..and all games played since the Riley Greene injury.

Position player fWAR by team since 2018:

1 - Dodgers (163.1)
2 - Astros (151.0)
3 - Yankees (130.2)
4 - Braves (129.5)
5 - Rays (126.8)
?
26 - Royals (48.6)
27 - Rockies (47.8)
28 - Orioles (47.5)
29 - Marlins (43.3)
30 - Tigers (23.0)

The Tigers have 100 games left in the season.
To finish...
.500 -> 55-45
Win AL Central* -> 60-40
Beat 2022 record -> 41-59
Beat 2021 record -> 52-48
Beat 2019 record -> 22-78
Beat 1984 record -> 79-21
*projected

Last edited:
DET now 11 games below .500 have lost 11/12 and have the 5th worst record in baseball..have lost every single game they have played in June..and all games played since the Riley Greene injury.

Position player fWAR by team since 2018:

1 - Dodgers (163.1)
2 - Astros (151.0)
3 - Yankees (130.2)
4 - Braves (129.5)
5 - Rays (126.8)
?
26 - Royals (48.6)
27 - Rockies (47.8)
28 - Orioles (47.5)
29 - Marlins (43.3)
30 - Tigers (23.0)

The Tigers have 100 games left in the season.
To finish...
.500 -> 55-45
Win AL Central* -> 60-40
Beat 2022 record -> 41-59
Beat 2021 record -> 52-48
Beat 2019 record -> 22-78
Beat 1984 record -> 79-21
*projected

Hey Ron don?t forget the 3-2 win over Texas in late May lol. Tigers have 1 win without Greene.
First game he missed. I think they have one win without Riley but your point is correct.
The Tigers suck.

Double check me on that. I remember I was working that day and were shocked they held on for the win.

One player dose not make a difference, as Carpenter has come back like a lighting bolt.
Btw I miss today nightmare with a nap. Now we know how not to use the bull pin.

Atl. next I guess Alexander will get the game. I would say need to score runs, but that does not seem to be the problem. Player need to look in the mirror and ask them selves the question, when am I going to show up. As it takes a team to get wins. And team starts with everyone pulling together.

Waste pitches are just wasted pitches. It seldom works throwing a 0-2 a foot outside. It doesn't do anything.

A waste pitch isn?t a foot out side out side to a stiff like JB. Because we all know he will swing at that pitch because he is terrible hitter with no pitch recognition and he stands way to far off the plate.

Dickerson had just said with the count 0-2 that the batter had chased a pitch a tad off the plate and high. Why give into the hitter and give him anything to hit ? That 1-2 pitch was a lollipop pitch that caught way to much of the plate with the game on the line . I disagree. Foley can throw hard. He should have used high heat out of the zone a tad high. Or anywhere off the plate. That spin had hit me on it. I disagree with anyone who says different. Agree to disagree but that was a terrible pitch in that count.

Last edited:
Why won?t the call Up Justin Henry ? Are they afraid he will fail like most of the Toledo call ups or are they manipulating service time ?

I can see why Carpenter is a dh. That play in left was a little league muff.

A waste pitch isn?t a foot out side out side to a stiff like JB. Because we all know he will swing at that pitch because he is terrible hitter with no pitch recognition and he stands way to far off the plate.

Dickerson had just said with the count 0-2 that the batter had chased a pitch a tad off the plate and high. Why give into the hitter and give him anything to hit ? That 1-2 pitch was a lollipop pitch that caught way to much of the plate with the game on the line . I disagree. Foley can throw hard. He should have used high heat out of the zone a tad high. Or anywhere off the plate. That spin had hit me on it. I disagree with anyone who says different. Agree to disagree but that was a terrible pitch in that count.
Just outside and high isn't a waste pitch. It's a purpose pitch. A waste pitch is quite different, you're hoping the hitters a dumb ass - well like Baez.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/tigers-drop-series-vs-d-backs
Three key moves on what went wrong in the Tigers' loss.
Tigers official site

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/d-backs-vs-tigers/2023/06/11/717804/final/box
Boxscore and lowlights.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/6...er-joey-wentz-zack-mckinstry-bullpen-meltdown
Diamondbacks 7 - Tigers 5: Bullpen blows lead to extend losing streak to nine games.
The Tigers snatched defeat from the jaws of victory as they get swept in their third straight series.
BYBTB

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...a-diamondbacks-drop-9th-straight/70310958007/
Tigers blow lead in ninth, drop ninth straight.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...arizona-diamondbacks-jason-foley/70310927007/
Bullpen buckles as Detroit Tigers give up 4 in 9th for 9th straight loss, 7-5 to Arizona.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2023/06/tigers-blow-lead-lose-9th-straight-game.html
Tigers blow lead, lose 9th straight game.
Mlive

Last edited:
Why won?t the call Up Justin Henry ? Are they afraid he will fail like most of the Toledo call ups or are they manipulating service time ?

I can see why Carpenter is a dh. That play in left was a little league muff.

it has nothing to do with service time. Teams manipulate service time with players that they are sure will become stars. The guy you are talking about...he is just a guy, nothing special.

To me, Haase is the biggest disappointment this year. Thought he would supply some power to a lineup that desperately needs it. He has been terrible.

Tork is very close behind. But Torkelson has hit a good number of balls on the screws right at defenders.....that's the only reason, to me, he is above Haase.

Baez is just a bad signing......not disappointed in his play.....it's what I expected after watching him last year. He is an easy out.

I'm not too disappointed in Haase because he was only going to be a part time player. Baez is #1 on my list. I figured he was going to be below average again, but I take into consideration that he is a full time player and is supposed to be the best player on the team (based on the contract they gave him)

I agree that it was a terrible signing.

Last edited:
I'm not too disappointed in Haase because he was only going to be a part time player. Baez is #1 on my list. I figured he was going to be below average again, but I take into consideration that he is a full time player and is supposed to be the best player on the team (based on the contract they gave him)

I agree that it was a terrible signing.

Baez still plays defense at an elite level. But after watching him last year it's pretty clear he's in the "fuck it, I got paid" portion of his career at the plate. His inability to adjust to the slider is absolutely mind boggling.

I didn?t go to a single game last year and right now it?s looking unlikely I?ll be going this year. I?ve also watched less Tiger baseball now than I have since probably 2005 (shoutout Bally sports and YouTube tv) and have no regrets. There are no proper adjectives to describe how dogshit this team and franchise has become.

I didn?t go to a single game last year and right now it?s looking unlikely I?ll be going this year. I?ve also watched less Tiger baseball now than I have since probably 2005 (shoutout Bally sports and YouTube tv) and have no regrets. There are no proper adjectives to describe how dogshit this team and franchise has become.

My son and I went Saturday afternoon. I LOVE baseball. I love the history.....i love the numbers....I can sit on the couch and watch a good game without feeling bored. He is starting to do the same thing....which is fun to see as a dad.

That said. It's a complete joke to go to a game right now. $15 cans of beer. $60 to park. $149.00 for a youth jersey. I'm not poor, but I'm not sure how most people can go more than 2 or 3 times a year.

We also "got" to watch the Tigers get shutout by a bad Arizona pitcher. Miggy did double 2X though.

I will not be going back until there is a better product on the field. It's simply not worth it right now.

Last edited:
My son and I went Saturday afternoon. I LOVE baseball. I love the history.....i love the numbers....I can sit on the couch and watch a good game without feeling bored. He is starting to do the same thing....which is fun to see as a dad.

That said. It's a complete joke to go to a game right now. $15 cans of beer. $60 to park.

I used to drive to Nemo's, pay $5 to park, eat, and take the free shuttle to Comerica. Return shuttles started in the 7th inning.

Not sure if they still do this: It's been several years since I've been to a Tigers' game.

Last edited:
Back