Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. giants in the 2012 World Series

Tigers vs. giants in 2012 World Series

• Tigers Win in 4 Games

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Tigers Win in 5 Games

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Tigers Win in 6 Games

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Tigers Win in 7 Games

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • giants win in 4 games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • giants win in 5 games

• giants win in 6 games

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • giants win in 7 games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tigers need 4 to win it all. As to when Tigers get them I do not care. So I'll take them first to 4 and who cares how many it takes. But 4-0 is just as good as any.

Tiger's in 5. Win games 1,2,4 and 5. JV throws a no hitter and wins MVP! Cabby and Prince have big series as well.

Figures, someone picks the Giants AFTER game 1 when the Tigers get smacked. Lol. Weak.

Figures, someone picks the Giants AFTER game 1 when the Tigers get smacked. Lol. Weak.

Settle down Mitch, the Lions nor Tigers ever win when I pick em to, it had to be done. It's not what you think,

just shut up. TIA

Last edited:
The number of Chicken Littles calling in to 97.1 tonight is astounding. So we lost a game. So what?

People need to calm down and wait for the next stop before jumping off the wagon.

Nobody is jumping off...I am just worried that the tigers may not recover after their best pitcher was crushed last night... We really need to win tonight... I sure hope JV gets another chance to pitch good in a world series..Because he has not been good in his first 3 WS starts... Fister needs to step up and I hope our hitters can hit a lefty... Maddening how lefty's dominate us...

Statistics say that it's a 40-percent chance that the Tigers win the WS. But I can recall many teams who have lost G1 and won the WS off the top of my head since I began following MLB:

65 Dodgers
68 Tigers
69 Mets
71 Pirates
75 Reds
78 Yankees
79 Pirates
82 Cardinals (10-0 loss)
83 Orioles
85 Royals
86 Mets
92 Blue Jays
96 Yankees (12-1 loss)
02 Angels
09 Yankees

1945 Tigers lost game one to the Cubs 9-0.. Won series in seven on the road in Chicago. We lost 2 of the first 3 games at home and won 3 of the final four on the road ...LOL..Talk about a weird schedule..
Prince Hal wins games five and games seven in complete game fashion on October 7th and 10th....LOL

Last edited:
1935 Tigers also lost game one to the Cubs, and won four of the next five to win series 4-2..

1959 Los angels dodgers lost game one 11-0 and won series in six..
1958 Yanks..won series over Braves in seven.
1957 Braves..won series over Yankees in seven.
1956 Yanks...won series in seven..
1955 dodgers...lost game one won series in seven.
1952 Yanks... won series in seven.
1951 Yankees... won series in six..
1948 Indians.. won series in six..
1946 cardinals again.. Beat Sox in seven..
1945 Tigers.
1944 Cards lost game one to their crosstown rivals the browns and then won series in six
1942 Cardinals lost game one to the Yankees and then won four in a row.
1940 Damn Reds lost game one to the Tigers and won game seven.
1936 Yankees lost game one and won series in six
1926 and 1930 cardinals lost game one... Won both series in seven..
1925 pirates lost game one... won series in seven..
1924 senators lost game one and won series in seven.
1923 Yankees lost game on and won series in six..
1921 Giants lost game won and won series in eight games that year..
1915 Red sox lost game one and won series in fire..
1911 A's lost game one and won series in six..
1903 Boston Americans lost game one and won series in eight..

Last edited:
i guess it happens a lot... Nice call Byco!!!!! I may have missed one... or messed one up as i was looking and clicking pretty fast

It was making me a little nervous, what with all the experts predicting how great JV was be in Game 1.

Bastards jinxed it.

Oh, well; Tigers just have to win 4 of the next 6.

Transient ischemic attack?

True story: Long time I once saw someone post TIA and I replied What does TIA mean and then I said thanks In advance. about 2 seconds after I hit reply it hit me and I thought OMG... stupid Tigermud just answered his own question and didn't even realize it!

lol

Back