Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 10

Turok said:
MI_Thumb said:
Well +1 to you for admitting it.

Some others around here just hide when they get called on shit.

Well, usually if I screw up, Ill admit it, unless it was on the ESPN MLB General boards, lots of BSers there.

or....were, anyway. ;)

Yea, I was referring to the post on the top of page 5, but that was the same on ESPN too, like you mentioned.

I don't get the extension references.

It's not like he can't still be fired.

And he is not hitting or pitching.

Sucks that the 2 pitchers we might have a chance at coming back against, Durbin and Herrmann won't be in this game.

wow new batteries....my keyboard is flying... To bad I cannot type very good..

This should be Ubaldo's last inning, they'll send in a couple mop up guys for the last 2.

But it won't matter.

MI_Thumb said:
Sucks that the 2 pitchers we might have a chance at coming back against, Durbin and Herrmann won't be in this game.
you say that like they didnt shut us down last night.

Spockmaster said:
MI_Thumb said:

They did yes, but they also suck the worst out of the guys in their pen.

We shut the Indians down last night too, but today is a different day.

Also, I said "might".

MI_Thumb said:
Spockmaster said:

They did yes, but they also suck the worst out of the guys in their pen.

We shut the Indians down last night too, but today is a different day.

Also, I said "might".
the way they've been going this week, i wouldnt trust this offense to score off of brad thomas.

Tomorrow's game is now easily the biggest of the year and we need Verlander to be on his A game.

johnny2x2x said:
Tomorrow's game is now easily the biggest of the year and we need Verlander to be on his A game.

It's big, but even if we lose, we're still up a game and going to play Baltimore and Minny, then the Indians again at home.

They get the Twins, Chicago, and us.

The next time we meet will be more important IMO.

K, K, groundout..1-2-3...yuck!!

10 runs 18 hits...Indians have scored in or had runner(s) on base every inning so far...blech.
tongue.png

It really is a shame but Magglio has really lost it at the plate... I wanted to trade for Fukodome too... the one thing we needed was a lead-off hitter at the deadline.. WE need OBPin the leadoff spot..... it would have won last nights game and maybe Sunday's... I wanted Either him or Bourn. I preferred MB...who is tearing it up in Atlanta. I like the pick-up of Fister and Pauley and Wilson but if DD really wanted to do some damage at the deadline he needed to get Jackson out of the lead off spot..

Well Baltimore is not playing the White Sox very tough you can bet they will show up for us...

I think the problem facing DD was we don;t really have a lot in the farm to get a player like Bourne, or Pence.

Unless we were willing to give up Turner, Castellanos, Smiley, Al Al....

I see what you're saying and I agree 100% that we need a real lead off man, something we have not had in years, seeing as Granderson was not really a leadoff man, but I don't know how we would have suckered a team into giving us someone for nothing.

Back