Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 10

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Well Baltimore is not playing the White Sox very tough you can bet they will show up for us...

Well the White Sox won both games by 1 run, and are still tied tonight in the 9th.

But I just think the White Sox are playing bad, they win streak is against bad teams.

i just really dont like the way this team is put together. very few hitters with plate discipline or speed (or either), virtually no team defense, lots of pitchers with little sense of the strike zone, etc. i never see any sense of urgency either. every time i am able to watch a game (i dont have tv, so admittedly its only about once a week) they always seem like theyre just going through the motions, aside from verlander.

Spockmaster said:
i just really dont like the way this team is put together. very few hitters with plate discipline or speed (or either), virtually no team defense, lots of pitchers with little sense of the strike zone, etc. i never see any sense of urgency either. every time i am able to watch a game (i dont have tv, so admittedly its only about once a week) they always seem like theyre just going through the motions, aside from verlander.

The funny thing Spock, is aside from defense, at times they do all the other things very well.

Not that long ago we had 5 of the top 12 in BA, and OPS.

The maddening thing about this team is no consistancy, you never have a feel for when they are going to explode and play well, or implode and stink like a last place team.

Well this debacle of a game is finally over ...Tigers snooze...I mean lose...

stinky_skunk.gif

Spockmaster said:

I seen highlights from last nights game and it looks like there was a little sense of urgency at least on defense, but the offense is so night/day...good teams cannot be that inconsistant offensively

I agree with both of you... This team is very frustrating...It will probably be a lot different next season. I am pretty sure Magglio and Carlos are at the end of the line..I hope we get younger and faster....

MI_Thumb said:
Spockmaster said:
The funny thing Spock, is aside from defense, at times they do all the other things very well.

Not that long ago we had 5 of the top 12 in BA, and OPS.

The maddening thing about this team is no consistancy, you never have a feel for when they are going to explode and play well, or implode and stink like a last place team.
i think i was tryin to get to that point about consistency but got distracted and didnt finish my thoughts lol (im watching Time Bandits). we show both faces, but never really seem to show either for long. and then we have middling periods where we're doing one thing really well but nothing else is working. its absolutely maddening.

The division may be decided the next 2 series, we need to beat up on the Orioles and the Twinks.

If not when Cleveland rolls into Motown we might be looking up at them.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Can we void the Granderson trade?

Depends on if you want Edwin Jackson back, and Coke and Scherzer gone along with Ajax.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I agree with both of you... This team is very frustrating...It will probably be a lot different next season. I am pretty sure Magglio and Carlos are at the end of the line..I hope we get younger and faster....

to go deep into the post season you have to more than what we have obviously...I agree maggs and carlos may be done

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="biggunsbob":dalmunmg]Can we void the Granderson trade?

Depends on if you want Edwin Jackson back, and Coke and Scherzer gone along with Ajax.

[/quote:dalmunmg]
i bet we could've flipped ejax like the dbacks and chisox have. i think its a wash overall at this point. scherzer has been inconsistent as hell, ajax strikes out every time he blinks but plays good defense, schlereth doesnt really know what the strike zone is and has apparently decided lately that the curve is the only pitch he has, and coke has fallen off a cliff. all of them have potential still, but its hurting us now especially with coke sucking lately.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Can we void the Granderson trade?

Granderson would obviously performed much better offensively than AJax has so far , but there is nowhere near the same amount of pressure to perform in the D as there is in NY. I doubt if he would be putting up anything close to the same numbers with the Tigers as he is now, home-ballpark factors or not...JMO.

"What a revolting development this game turned out to bs".

We have to hope Verlander spins another great game tomorrow, and the bats wake up for more than an inning.

I'm just frustrated... You see over 30 bombs and you wonder what you really got out of the deal. I know DD made a few decent deals at the deadline but really he did not knock it out of the park. We really needed a lead-off hitter.. Take some pressure off of Jackson...

Well he does have 14 home runs on the road... With our hitting coach he probably would not have improved anyway..

At least Baltimore won 6-4...I think i will go watch a movie with my kids...

Back