Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 11

Papa still perfecto with 33 straight saves, a franchise record as well.. Very good acquisition of you ask me...

We needed that but i'm still pissed about yesterdays horrible game and this lousy offense.

At least they salvaged the last game of the series. Congrats to JV, a big career win for him

JV with win number 100 win. and papa grande with a recorded save..

Who gets the ball?

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Yes a victory cigar for KC......

Screw it I'm breaking out the Tequila and doing a victory shot, or 3!

RAAAAWWWRRRRRRRRR

TigerMud said:
We needed that but i'm still pissed about yesterdays horrible game and this lousy offense.
Let's just hope they pick it up against a fecal Baltimore team.. They seem to ignite the momentum of opposing ballclubs lately..

Valverde 9th inning, Papa Grande/Buddha time, 3 more outs,
Santiago at 2nd,

Mario says first 3 batter are combined 0 for 8 against Valverde,
edit, make that 0 for 11,

hafner strike call, fastball high, fastball up is fouled back, strike three called at the knees, and hafner just sat there like the house on the side of the road,

ffsantana fastball inside, high popup to Santiago,

fukodome fastball low, splitter outside, one hop grounder to Santiago throws to Cabrera,

Tigers win 4 - 3,
Verlander wins his 17th,
Verlander wins his 100th game of his Tigers career, 16th Tigers pitcher,
Valverde with his 33 consecutive save and breaks Willie Hernandez club record of 32,
Tigers stop the losing streak at the mistake by the lake.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]JV with win number 100 win. and papa grande with a recorded save..

Who gets the ball?

Wow...good question....and not just a recorded Save, franchise record for single season.

I am more mad that we lost game one not last nights game. The first game in this series was ours and we blew it..

Back