Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 12

Valverde = clutch!!! 34 straight saves!!! Please continue this streak against the Orioles!!

STRIKEOUT! big potato made that a little too interesting, but it was a good win. a little ugly what with brad penny starting and enough runners stranded to fill a lifeboat (screw the women and children!), but a win nonetheless.

I can not say enough about Valverde this year. He's been more than money and he's been getting better as the season goes on. It's a lot to ask of your closer, so many 1 run games lately, he's bound to give up a run, but not tonight. Big win!

Tigers win 5 - 4,
Penny wins,
Valverde's saves it and pulls a nutty,
Dirks 4 for 4, Betemit 3 hits,
everybody breathes a sigh of relief.
Time for a Tigers' Victory Cigar.

Whew!!

Sigh...too damn close, 15 hits and only 5 runs, but a win is a win. yup.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":i0nnpbv9]Been a while since Avila threw anyone out hasn't it?

Over 400.... Nice!!!!![/quote:i0nnpbv9]

Thanks, but at the rate we're both going, you'll have 600 before I have 500.

Mostly cause I don;t post on the Lions, Wings, or Pistons boards yet.

Casper well's is doing very good in Seattle.
G PA AB R H 2b 3b HR BI sb cs bb k BA obp slg ops
8 33 29 3 9 0 0 1 6 1 1 3 12 .310 .394 .414 .808

Well its early in the deal....LOL

Back