Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 14

Little too little..little too late, just got waay too far behind, shoulda pulled Fister out sooner, and moved Raburnt off third, Leyland.

MI_Thumb said:
manchild98 said:
They showed an interview clip with Leyland during the game. Leyland said a 6 year old girl asked him about the line up and possibly batting Peralta 3rd. He said he'd sleep on it.

Think he was doing that during the game.
he needs his naps

Dirks and Mags...was it asking for too much to have a little patience at the plate?...sheesh....

Chance for an epic comeback...damn!

Just watched the clip of Boesch's line out, Fuck! if Reimold does not catch that it's a tie game with Boesch on second.

This team needs to start picking 4 leaf clover and stealing the shoes off horses.

Yeah, manchild and Mi_Thumb, I read and posted that story last night,
funny that a little girl knows it too.
I feel so much better now, vented at Leyland, and to Mario and Dan Dickerson. about mudhen and Maggs batting third, lol.
friggin Raburn at 3B, beyond stupid and beyond stubborn.

Mudhen really can't be in the field anymore. There's just no way around it. He's just way too much of a liability out there and he proves that time and time again. Once Inge was sent down I thought I could releax a little and be able to deal with Mudhen but he's pretty much in Inge territory for me now. I just can't put up with his glove anymore. I'm going to lose it within the next week...I just know it.

clearly raburn is hitting better than maggs and is a better OF than IF....platoon raburn and dirks in the OF.

for the life of me I cannot justify maggs in the 3 spot or as a reg.

even when he hit .294ish in July his OPS was barely above .700

He was huge for the tigers over his career but imo it's time to call it a day on him.

Very frustrating loss... The Tigers probably should have had 3 or 4 runs before the ninth inning with all the chances they had.. I do not understand playing Raburn and Magglio in the same game.. It is asking for trouble.... I listen to the last 4 innings on the radio and Dickerson and price said it was not a big league quality game with all the errors and misplayed balls... Just terrible they keep running Magglio out in Right or Raburn anywhere..

jimmygank said:
maggs WAR is the 2nd worst in all of baseball among RF's.

and he's hitting 3rd in the lineup.

He is terrible... His batting is terrible and his fielding is even worse..

jimmygank said:

Talk about falling off the proverbial production cliff, hate to seem mean about this, but its obviously become unfortunate for all concerned, outside of course, Maggs and his already bulging bank-accounts, that it wasn't his achilles that didn't get ripped up, instead of breaking his ankle in that slide last season.

If Maggs had even a shred of pride, decency, and humility remaining, he'd have realized and understood a while ago, that he is just really only largely hurting/harming the team now, packed it in and have hung up his cleats a month ago, or prior to the ASB...and retire with mostly/mainly good memories left intact for the Tigers fans, and instead of maybe/possibly "helping" to perhaps cost most of his more deserving team-mates a shot @ winning the ALCD title, and a chance of making some noise in the post-season.

If so, that would be very regrettable and I would no longer have almost entirely pleasant memories of his time with the Tigers, if he is gonna continue to be just a huge detriment to the teams' present and future success for the remainder of this season, and do so purely out of simple greed. The Tigers brass "could" have limited his ABs in '09, and denied his incentive bonus kicking in, but they didn't do so. Maggs should and needs to show the same amount of gratitude and graciousness as well, and "belatedly" retire...IMO.

Turok said:
jimmygank said:

Talk about falling off the proverbial production cliff, hate to seem mean about this, but its obviously become unfortunate for all concerned, outside of course, Maggs and his already bulging bank-accounts, that it wasn't his achilles that didn't get ripped up, instead of breaking his ankle that slide last season.

If Maggs had even a shred of pride, decency, and humility remaining, he'd have realized and understood a while ago, that he is just really only largely hurting/harming the team now, packed it in and have hung up his cleats a month ago, or prior to the ASB...and retire with mostly/mainly good memories left intact for the Tigers fans, and instead of maybe/possibly "helping" to perhaps cost most of his more deserving team-mates a shot @ winning the ALCD title, and a chance of making some noise in the post-season.

If so, that would be very regrettable and I would no longer have almost entirely pleasant memories of his time with the Tigers, if he is gonna continue to be just a huge detriment to the teams' present and future success for the remainder of this season, do so purely out of simple greed. The Tigers brass "could" have limited his ABs in '09, and denied his incentive bonus kicking in, but they didn't do so. Maggs should and needs to show the same amount of gratitude and graciousness as well, and "belatedly" retire...IMO.

I agree... Damn just with any combination of Well's/Dirks/Boesch, in right field all season and the tigers would have won more games this year. The Tigers are loyal to a fault and it really hurts the team..

it's funny because only lately have I really felt so absolute about maggs....didn't agree with him hitting 3rd but still felt he was lineup worthy....but when you really break down the stats and see he an absolute detriment in every facet of the game....

no power, no speed, no defense....he's not even drawing many walks.

you cannot go 0fer in those categories and be a regular contributor let alone batting 3rd.

makes ten times more sense to platoon rhymes/santiago at 2nd and platoon raburn/dirks in the OF than it does to continue with the farce that is playing maggs everyday.

Back