Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 14

I agree with the above that AA needs a rest.. Have Kelly catch and rest him, or if Martinez is able to catch again, have him DH..

tigers99888 said:
I agree with the above that AA needs a rest.. Have Kelly catch and rest him, or if Martinez is able to catch again, have him DH..

Leyland had said Vmart won't catch till the homestand, though I guess that could change of Victor says he is ready to go.

My thought about Kelly are basically that Avila needs a break, and we have already won 2 of 3, a sweep would be nice, but probably not the end of the world if we don't.

It's not as if we stacked the deck today anyhow.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Mitch":10550l92]Jeez man. Not like he setting a record behind the plate. You all sound like Avila is going to vaporize.

Setting a record or not, Catcher takes the most physical toll on a player outside of pitchers.

And the fact that he's young is irrelevant, I know you'll bring that up.

He had caught a lot of games, and has to go 4 more without a day off.

Think of how screwed we will be if we lose him for any length of time dues to something like muscle spasms or cramps.

We can agree do disagree on this Mitch, as we have all season, but I think he needs a break, before he breaks.[/quote:10550l92]

So give me some info. or fact finding saying a catcher cannot play a bunch of games in a row.

Anyone listening to the Radio?

OMG this is the worst rendition of the Star Spangled Banner I have ever heard.

Everyone pick your player to have a great day.... I am going with...

MAGGLIO.... SHOW UP TIME...

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":yjfjdn60]

Setting a record or not, Catcher takes the most physical toll on a player outside of pitchers.

And the fact that he's young is irrelevant, I know you'll bring that up.

He had caught a lot of games, and has to go 4 more without a day off.

Think of how screwed we will be if we lose him for any length of time dues to something like muscle spasms or cramps.

We can agree do disagree on this Mitch, as we have all season, but I think he needs a break, before he breaks.

So give me some info. or fact finding saying a catcher cannot play a bunch of games in a row. [/quote:yjfjdn60]
its not always the games in a row, but the games overall behind the plate. joe mauer has caught a TON of innings since '05, and look how messed up his legs are right now. the twins are even considering moving him to 1B. its common sense that you dont want guys, especially young guys, catching too many games total or in a row to prevent wear and tear on the body.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Everyone pick your player to have a great day.... I am going with...

MAGGLIO.... SHOW UP TIME...

I'm saying Cabrera, he needs to go back to back games with a dinger, and hopefully will feast on this weak pitcher.

...a sac attempt in the FUCKING TOP OF THE FIRST INNING? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, LEYLAND

Stick a fork in the Twinkies, they are done.. Thanks to them, Cleveland probably stays in the race the rest of the season..

Back