Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. pirates Game Thread June 24

Yes that's what Ajax is doing, but I'm saying who would be better.

I'd go:

Berry
Peralta
Fielder
Cabrera
Ajax
Avila
Boesch
Young
Raburn/Santiago/Worth

Delmon is not a 5 hitter. period.

His best season came with him hitting 7th.

Where did you get that? He was horrible in the 7th spot that season.

really? cause there isn't a better 5 spot hitting on the Tigers. Avila sucks and Peralta hasn't done anything better than Young..

Sure there is and you were actually shown who is better at the 5-hole. You're just too fn ignorant to see it. Delmon is garbage and him batting 5th is beyond bad.

Because you have not been here long enough to notice his M.O.

He loves to troll.

I love to troll yet I've been around all these years? That makes no sense. You just hate me cause of my Verlander opinion....oh well....guess you don't have anything else to hate in life.

I think you guys get way more upset than you should. He really hasn't said anything horrible to anyone on this board since Ive been on here. He's just stating his opinion. Which, is what I thought these types of forums are for.

You have no idea, bro.

Sure there is and you were actually shown who is better at the 5-hole. You're just too fn ignorant to see it. Delmon is garbage and him batting 5th is beyond bad.

who?

Avila sucks and is a lefty (after Prince? I don't think so)
Peralta sucks with RISP
Jackson is a lead off hitter....

really? cause there isn't a better 5 spot hitting on the Tigers. Avila sucks and Peralta hasn't done anything better than Young..

Avila OBP. .331
Young OBP. .295

Avila OPS .738
Young OPS .677

But Avila sucks? and Young does not?

You're a joke.

Both Avila and Peralta have been significantly better hitters than Young this season.

Because of this fact, they would both be better 5 spot hitters than Young as well.

The bottom line is that Young has been one of the 10 worst everyday players in all of baseball, with Boesch being in the same group.

Young has a career .319 obp.../ until he heats up he should only be platooned and he should only be a DH in AL games...

Because you have not been here long enough to notice his M.O.

He loves to troll.
It wouldn't hurt then if people would stop baiting him to post. Seems like every game JV pitches as soon as he gives up a run someone will make a post about him showing up. Hard to bitch about someone who's being called out to post.

As far as the 5th hitter debate. There isn't a single guy on this team worthy of hitting 5th this year.

You have no idea, bro.

"bro"

just another hater of my Verlander analysis.......I try to be very complimented of Delmon Young and you hate. See the hypocrite in all of that? And the funny thing is...a MLB manager AGREES with me so I really don't care what the "board" thinks of Delmon Young.

"Bro"

who?

Peralta sucks with RISP

Are you fn kidding me? You're awesome, buddy.

Like Thumb said, AJax in the 5-hole would be nice. You wanted an answer? There it is..

Besides, how does Avila suck and Young deoesnt?

Who gives a fuck who the 5th hitter is right now. You guys realize there's a game in the bottom of the 9th?

avila, 16 strikeouts and .171 batting average with RISP. Bro. I can do this all day Bro with my stats that lean towards my opinion. But the lineup card says #5, every day. Guess skipper agrees with me.

who?

Peralta sucks with RISP

Avila is having a better year overall than young (his 102 wRC+ is average, young's 88 is not) but is not hitting well with RISP...even worse than young, so he shouldnt hit 5th (last year i would have said yes to him there though).

Peralta, however, has a .356 wOBA and 126 wRC+ with RISP which are both better than his own overall numbers this season and is MILES better than young is doing period. He should be hitting 5th, not dumbass young.

It wouldn't hurt then if people would stop baiting him to post. Seems like every game JV pitches as soon as he gives up a run someone will make a post about him showing up. Hard to bitch about someone who's being called out to post.

As far as the 5th hitter debate. There isn't a single guy on this team worthy of hitting 5th this year.

Actually gotime, he was here before this started.

Who gives a fuck who the 5th hitter is right now. You guys realize there's a game in the bottom of the 9th?

they don't..they rather internet bully me and all of my opinions. I was praising DY and they want him dead. Negative Nancies. He could hit .300 and they'll hate him cause he swings at the first pitch and doesn't walk much.

Game winning hit - DY...good job kid! Go Tigers

Back