Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Rangers Game #52 5/29/2023

It really is a shame. Ray?s Houston, Los Angeles dodgers, Braves , Yankees , others all seem to draft well and make splashes and splash in the post season. Why is it the Tigers can?t have that run of excellence and sustain it ? Others break through like the Phillies and Nationals. We need Chris to get involved and demand a winning team and product on the field in my opinion. Man Dombrowski, and then Avila really have made it difficult to get over the hump. Detroit needs the playoffs soon. In anything! Like the new President and the direction because this was another rebuild in my opinion.

Maybe give Harris a little time. This team actually resembles a legit mlb baseball team most nights. If CI doesn't open the checkbook after that anchor of a contract(Miggy) is finally gone, then worry. I really don't think they are too far away from contending.

Maybe give Harris a little time. This team actually resembles a legit mlb baseball team most nights. If CI doesn't open the checkbook after that anchor of a contract(Miggy) is finally gone, then worry. I really don't think they are too far away from contending.

I agree I?m just impatient I really want some playoffs back in Detroit sports. Harris has been great since he has been brought in. It is a shame Chris never realized the damage Avila was causing. Management should go to miggy and buy him out. Others have done it. It is a wasted roster Spot with him not hitting . Hopefully they can get a haul for Rodriguez and Lange.
Or keep them go for it next season. Not sure what the correct play is.

Well that hurts Astros we?re down 4-0. Took a 5-4 lead into the 9th and gave it up.

Twins just hit a 2 run Jack in top of the tenth and are still batting. Lead 7-5

Last edited:
Well that hurts Astros we?re down 4-0. Took a 5-4 lead into the 9th and gave it up.

Twins just hit a 2 run Jack in top of the tenth and are still batting. Lead 7-5

Yeah, I heard it on the radio. ESPN or something. Astros had the Twinks down to their last strike.

Oh well.

Baseball is a marathon.

Tigers are 9-for-52 with the bases loaded this season.

Detroit is also hitting a league-worst .117 (9 for 77) with RISP and nobody out this season.

Tigers are 9-for-52 with the bases loaded this season.

Detroit is also hitting a league-worst .117 (9 for 77) with RISP and nobody out this season.

I think they get impatient. stars in their eyes. Get in swing mold i.e. swing at the 1st pitch. And chase after unhittable pitches beaz syndrome.

Back