Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers Game Thread August 4

I really wasn't expecting much different from these first 3 plus innings. ogando has pitched very well vs. Tigers, umps are always going to suck, small/large strike zone, check swing called strikes,
Penny, meh, and also it doesn't have anything to do with who played or sat today. Some of the guys not playing either needed the game off, like Avila, pretty much standard for afternoon after a night game of catching, and the others iirc didn't have good numbers vs. ogando.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Penny, not good.

Yea, but with a decent infield defense, it's probably 1-0.

I don't see how the first run is earned, Cruz should have been out at second, when Guillen dropped the ball, then there was an error on the triple play attempt he scored on.

I understand but you need to get outs after a bad defensive play.

You don't get errors on potential force outs. Why Guillen didn't get an error.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You don't get errors on potential force outs. Why Guillen didn't get an error.

I get that, I'm just saying hanging an earned run on a guy when the man who scored should have been out twice....

But that's in the past, our problem is going to be scoring runs, not giving them up today.

1 strikeout for our pitchers the last 2 games with very shoddy defense to go with it. we really need to improve our infield defense.

Spockmaster said:
1 strikeout for our pitchers the last 2 games with very shoddy defense to go with it. we really need to improve our infield defense.

Scary when you think that Penny, Porcello, Beniot, and Valverde are all Sinker, 2-seamer, Splitter, groundball pitchers.

We have to upgrade 2nd base next year to a guy with better range and a solid glove. 3rd also.

I agree with that. Gotta get a second baseman. Is Betemit gone after the season?

look what infield defense can do if you have guys that actually have defensive skills.

Ogando has the be the luckiest pitcher in the world, that DP was unreal.

Back