Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers Game Thread June 26

So now he has bad plays because he throws left handed. lmao.

A better RF has a better chance at catching that ball then BB and you know it.. BB is not that good in the outfield.. So he was playing deep.. He almost got there.. I never said anything about the effort but everyone wants him sent down because he can't hit and is a sub-par defensive player. I right handed RF makes that play that is all I said.. You make plays and you cut down innings.. Watch the replay and his glove going acrossed his body... Good effort but not good enough to save the day... Hope that clarifies it... i am more frustrated with his lack of punch and that the Tigers keep running him out there..

yup. that rangers "i got a hit, its about the team" hand gesture is the gayest thing ever

A better RF has a better chance at catching that ball then BB and you know it.. BB is not that good in the outfield.. So he was playing deep.. He almost got there.. I never said anything about the effort but everyone wants him sent down because he can't hit and is a sub-par defensive player. I right handed RF makes that play that is all I said.. You make plays and you cut down innings.. Watch the replay and his glove going acrossed his body... Good effort but not good enough to save the day... Hope that clarifies it... i am more frustrated with his lack of punch and that the Tigers keep running him out there..

You said because he was the wrong hand, lmao. And the play wasn't about right or left lateral movement so range had little to for with it. He was deep because a power hitter was up. Most guys don't make that.

Too bad he wasn't right handed, lmao.

that was a clown show passed ball,
kid is toast time for Below or ......

You said because he was the wrong hand, lmao. And the play wasn't about right or left lateral movement so range had little to for with it. He was deep because a power hitter was up. Most guys don't make that.

Too bad he wasn't right handed, lmao.

Mitch you do know he is the worst fielder in the AL for outfielders, and yeah if a right handed outfielder was out there he would have had a better shot at it... You did see his glove cross his body right? He is just a bad fielder period.. You do understand the semantics right?

Mitch you do know he is the worst fielder in the AL for outfielders, and yeah if a right handed outfielder was out there he would have had a better shot at it... You did see his glove cross his body right? He is just a bad fielder period.. You do understand the semantics right?

I get that but don't blame him because he's left handed. And if his arms were longer he might have gotten it too. Blame his dad, should have told him to throw RH when he was a youth.

Last edited:
I think Smyly and Below need to swap for a bit,

Smyly first 6 games this year earned runs, 1,0,1,1,2,1.

Last 7 games earned runs, 4,4,3,4,4,3,6.

Time for a change.

I get that but don't blame him because he's left handed. And if his arms were longer he might have gotten it too. Blame his dad, should have told him to throw RH when he was a youth.

List From KC.. So yeah i want a different RF.. If BB almost caught that ball my guess is a better defender probably has a better shot at it that was all I was saying.... Jeezz... We have to start cutting down bad innings... He better start hitting... I did not mean him having a different throwing arm I meant a different RF with a left handed glove hand has a much better shot at it... There is no question he is costing the Tigers on the field and at the plate... And the effort was there... He is just not very good..

AL FRAA Fielding Runs Above Average
WORST
1 Brennan Boesch -13 *****
T2 Jeff Francoeur -12
T2 Alcides Escobar -12
T4 Adrian Beltre -9
T4 Colby Rasmus -9
T4 Yuniesky Betancourt -9
T4 Mark Trumbo -9
T8 Alex Rodriguez -8
T8 Daric Barton -8
T8 Jhonny Peralta -8

AL TRAA Total Runs Above Average - RCAA plus/minus FRAA = TRAA
WORST
1 Brennan Boesch -27 *****
2 Alexei Ramirez -23
3 Ryan Raburn -22 ***
4 Michael Young -21
5 Jeff Francoeur -20
6 Delmon Young -18 ***
7 Endy Chavez -15
T8 Brent Morel -13
T8 Alcides Escobar -13
T8 Ramon Santiago -13 ***
T8 Yuniesky Betancourt -13

Geez Bob but to bring up his handedness, come on. That's pretty petty. I'm not arguing he's a bad outfield, we all know that.

And DY strikes out on a pitch in the dirt again.....Oh Boy BB is up again.

Back