Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Rays, Game 109, August 4, 2023

byco42

Game time 6:40 p.m. Comerica Park

ESPN GameDay

Tigers SP Reese Olson 1-4 4.71 1.13
Rays SP Zack Littell 1-2 4.85 1.43

Detroit Tigers 48-60 -7.0 3rd ALC 4-6 W1
3B Zach McKinstry L
CF Riley Greene L
1B Spencer Torkelson R
DH Kerry Carpenter L
RF Matt Vierling R
SS Javier Baez R
2B Andy Ibanez R
LF Akil Baddoo L
C Jake Rogers R

Tampa Bay Rays 66-45 2nd ALE -2.0 5-5 L1
1B Yandy Diaz R
SS Wander Franco S
2B Brandon Lowe L
LF R. Arozarena R
DH Luke Raley L
3B Isaac Paredes R
RF Josh Lowe L
CF Jose Siri R
C Christian Bethancourt R

Freep Notes

0%
82? Wind 10 mph L-R
LINE TB -148
O/U 9.0 Runs

Random Rays' Player

Rays' Uniforms 2001

Last edited:
I haven't seen Reese Olsen pitch. His stats are mediocre at best. Is he any good or just an AAAA player?

I haven't seen Reese Olsen pitch. His stats are mediocre at best. Is he any good or just an AAAA player?

His stats as a minor leaguer does not indicate any level of sustained success in MLB. EDIT: gotime made a good point about Olson as a reliever in post #4.

Last edited:

Overall I think he has good stuff, but his fastball seems to give up a decent amount of homers. Seems like he's usually low to mid 90's. Has a good change and slider so it looks like they're gonna keep him starting for now. I have a feeling if they moved him to the pen he could be an outstanding reliever. Just throwing 1 or 2 innings would add some to his fastball. With his secondary pitches he'd be elite if he got up to upper 90's with the fastball.

Maybe its just my dream that the Tigers have a reliever that doesn't have control issues is why I'm hoping they move him to the pen.

This weekend...
Friday, 6:40 p.m.
RHP Reese Olson (1-4, 4.71) vs. RHP Zack Littell (1-2, 4.85)

Saturday, 1:10 p.m.
LHP Tarik Skubal (1-1, 4.57) vs. RHP Aaron Civale (5-2, 2.34)

Sunday, 1:40 p.m.
RHP Matt Manning (3-3, 4.53) vs. RHP Tyler Glasnow (5-3, 3.15)

Sunday had been TBA. Now Manning is listed to pitch on normal rest.
Not sure where this leaves Joey Wentz, who hasn't pitched since July 29.

The Tigers have claimed left-handed reliever Andrew Vasquez off waivers from the Phillies.
The 29-year-old posted a 2.27 ERA with 14 walks and 34 strikeouts in 39.2 innings across 30 games for the Phillies this season.
Vasquez doesn?t have any minor-league options remaining.
Outfielder Nick Solak has been designated for assignment to make room for Andrew Vasquez on the 40-man roster.
Vasquez is primarily slider, fastball and curve. Slider generates a 18.1% WHIFF rate, fastball, 26.7%

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/8...ws-scouting-report-roster-justyn-henry-malloy
The case for a Parker Meadows call-up. The center-fielder has once again settled in at a new level and started crushing the ball after a slow start. It?s just about time to give him a look.
BYBTB

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-034-the-e-rod-aftermath/id1266543495?i=1000623450760
Motor City Metrics Tigers Podcast Episode 034: The E-Rod Aftermath. 85 minutes.
Griff is our special guest as the crew discusses the Eduardo Rodriguez trade aftermath, this week's Inside the Numbers, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly as the Tigers try to figure out their future 2024 rotation.

Last edited:
Why does every Ex tiger bat like .800 vs this club.

Of course peredes doubled in 2 runs.

2-0 them.

Team is so far behind other clubs. Thanks Harris for missing out on a chance to jump start the re-re-rebuild.

Game over.

The 8 hitter hit his 21st home run.
The rays have a team of players I haven't heard of, and they keep winning, drafting, player development, and smart trades.

Ex-Tiger torches Detroit yet again.

Al Avila's trades and transaction and contracts are the gifts that keep on giving !

Harris had a chance to rectify one of the deals but was MIA Tuesday!

Johan Camargo hit in the Royals system. Comes to Detroit minor league syatem. Struggles and gets
Released.

Back