Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Rays, Game 109, August 4, 2023

Johan Camargo hit in the Royals system. Comes to Detroit minor league syatem. Struggles and gets
Released.
He didn't play for the Royals. Nonetheless, his last 4 seasons before was sub . 700 OPS.

Edit: Ah you were talking ml I was looking at ML.

Last edited:
Indians won. I don't believe we have any chance and because of that I hope Minny wins ten in a row. Tired of the ALC bashing. It's like no one understands we're the mid west. Mid. NLC not all that great either. Cinci is not obtainable after this season. They might be sub . 500 before it's over.. Cards, Cubs, Pirates meh..

He didn't play for the Royals. Nonetheless, his last 4 seasons before was sub . 700 OPS.

Edit: Ah you were talking ml I was looking at ML.

I?m aware that is why I said system. He was better in the royals system and got worst when tiger minor league instructors got a hold of him. Holding my breath on other prospects making the tigers ! Hopefully some will make it.

I?m aware that is why I said system. He was better in the royals system and got worst when tiger minor league instructors got a hold of him. Holding my breath on other prospects making the tigers ! Hopefully some will make it.
One year in KC. 80% of ml players have good followed by bad. Who cares he's 29..

Updated numbers.

Win/losses against the teams they have played.

Tampa Bay 0-4
Philadelphia 0-3
Boston 0-3
Arizona 0-3
LAA 0-3
0-16 against five clubs.

Baltimore 1-6
White Sox 3-4
Texas 3-4
Blue Jays 2-4
Atlanta 1-2
San Diego 1-2
Oakland 1-2
Washington 1-2
Marlins 1-2

Kansas City 7-3
Cleveland 4-2
Minnesota 4-3
Mets 3-0
SF 3-0
Astros 2-1
Brewers 2-1
Colorado 2-1
St Louis 2-1
Seattle 3-3
Pittsburgh 2-2

Tigers Home 22-31
Tigers away 26-30
===============
Tigers overall are 48-61

Tigers 18-19 in inter league.
Tigers are 15-15 in one run games.
Tigers are 40-54 in 9 inning games.
Tigers are 8-7 in xtra inning game

One year in KC. 80% of ml players have good followed by bad. Who cares he's 29..

I?m just pointing out how bad our hitting instructor are. We need to get better. This 2nd or 3rd or 4th rebuild is going to take forever unless we get better hitters and soon. Tigers just can?t hit. They can?t develop. Then they have a president who fucks up the trade deadline when he has a chance to get some prospects?It?s damn Aggravating so I?m taking it out on the hitting instructor?s in system , and with the tigers right now because we just can?t
Hit.

Last edited:
I?m just pointing out how bad our hitting instructor are. We need to get better. This 2nd or 3rd or 4th rebuild is going to take forever unless we get better hitters and soon. Tigers just can?t hit. They can?t develop. Then they have a president who fucks up the trade deadline when he has a chance to get some prospects?It?s damn Aggravating so I?m taking it out on the hitting instructor?s in system , and with the tigers right now because we just can?t
Hit.
All that shows is a 29 year old baseball player in the minors. Nothing more.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/rays-vs-tigers/2023/08/04/717135/final/box
Boxscore and Lowlights.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/8...ys-recap-final-score-reese-olson-zack-littell
Rays 8 - Tigers 0: A pretty lousy evening of baseball.
Did the Tigers ship their bats to Detroit using Yellow Trucking Company? They sure as heck didn?t make the trip.
BYBTB

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...ll-season-low-13-games-under-500/70528577007/
Tigers blanked 8-0 by Rays, fall to season-low 13 games under .500
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-game-score-recap-tampa-bay-rays/70533781007/
Detroit Tigers keep stumbling with 8-0 loss to Tampa Bay Rays.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2023/08/rays-continue-dominance-of-tigers-with-8-0-win.html
Rays continue dominance of Tigers with 8-0 win.
Mlive

When is Mize coming back? It seems like forever. 2 complete seasons.. The good thing is he's only 26. NOT. Damn what a waste.

Last edited:
8 years ago today ? August 4, 2015 ? the Tigers canned Dave Dombrowski and named Al Avila the GM. Since that day, the Tigers are 498-694 for a .418 winning %. Dombrowski's teams in Boston and Philly have gone 624-482 (.564).

I don't see playoff for at least 3 years. And that's if things go right. Can't expect the rest of the division to stink like this year.

this guy is so unpredictable, who knows what he's going to do.
I mean we have Greene, Tork and Carpenter. You have to keep Baez because of the money - the rest can just go. We nees lots of SP. No way they compete any time soon.

Back