Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Red Sox , Game 118 August 13 2023

byco42

Game in progress.

LF Akil Baddoo L
CF Riley Greene L
3B M. Vierling R
RF K. Carpenter L
1B S. Torkelson R
2B Z. McKinstry L
DH M. Cabrera R
SS Zack Short R
C Jake Rogers R

CF R. Refsnyder R
DH J. Turner R
SS Trevor Story R
LF M. Yoshida L
RF Adam Duvall R
2B Pablo Reyes R
1B T. Casas L
C Connor Wong R
3B Luis Urias R

Last edited:
That's that 3 run jack puts tigers down 6-2.

Er odd stat line. 7 k's 1 bb.
But other then that getting hit pretty hard .

Last edited:
Updated numbers.

Win/losses against the teams they have played.

Boston 1-5
Philadelphia 0-3
Arizona 0-3
LAA 0-3

Baltimore 1-6
Tampa Bay 1-5
Texas 3-4
Blue Jays 2-4
Atlanta 1-2
San Diego 1-2
Oakland 1-2
Washington 1-2
Marlins 1-2

White Sox 3-4
Kansas City 7-3
Cleveland 4-2
Minnesota 7-4

Mets 3-0
SF 3-0
Astros 2-1
Brewers 2-1
Colorado 2-1
St Louis 2-1
Seattle 3-3
Pittsburgh 2-2

Tigers Home 26-33
Tigers away 27-32
===============
Tigers overall are 53-65

Tigers 18-19 in inter league.
Tigers are 15-15 in one run games.
Tigers are 45-58 in 9 inning games.
Tigers are 8-7 in xtra inning game

Tigers by the month

Month by Month
Split W L RS RA W-L%
March 0-1 0 4 .000
April 10-16 88 131 .385
May 16-11 116 125 .593
June 9-18 105 132 .333
July 12-13 108 120 .480
Aug. 6-6 49-53.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/tigers-injuries-and-roster-moves
Injuries & Moves: B?ez on bereavement list; D?az recalled.
Tigers official site

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/eduardo-rodriguez-allows-six-runs-vs-red-sox
Misses cost Rodriguez in return to Fenway Park.
Cabrera gets standing ovation in final game in Boston; Lange shows improvement in 7th.
Tigers official site

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-red-sox/2023/08/13/717014/final/box
Boxscore and Lowlights.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/8...final-score-eduardo-rodriguez-kutter-crawford
Red Sox 6 - Tigers 3: Dingers down Detroiters.
A big three-run home run was the death knell for the Tigers in the finale of a weekend series.
BYBTB

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...n-red-sox-as-detroit-tigers-fall/70584772007/
Eduardo Rodriguez roughed up by Red Sox as Tigers fall, 6-3.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...p-game-and-series-to-red-sox-6-3/70584906007/
Eduardo Rodriguez struggles in Fenway Park return in Detroit Tigers' 6-3 loss to Red Sox.
Freep

Next season on offense: Greene, Tork, Carpenter & Baez (Because we have to). Two guys from the minors, and 1 decent free agent. You almost have a team there. That's my hope anyways.

Next season on offense: Greene, Tork, Carpenter & Baez (Because we have to). Two guys from the minors, and 1 decent free agent. You almost have a team there. That's my hope anyways.

crossing my fingers that Malloy and Meadows will be good, but the odds are that both will struggle in their rookie year. I would like to see them add a 2B and/or 3B via free agency.

crossing my fingers that Malloy and Meadows will be good, but the odds are that both will struggle in their rookie year. I would like to see them add a 2B and/or 3B via free agency.

Not being all that familiar with the number and ability of FAs at those positions, I question even if they want to play here. Here's the 2024 FA list from Cot's Contracts. ("Players whose contracts include a 2024 option or the right to opt out for 2024 are noted with asterisks. Updated 4/23.")

Second Basemen
Tony Kemp
Tommy La Stella
Whit Merrifield *
Jorge Polanco *
Jonathan Schoop :shrug:
Kolten Wong

Third Basemen
Matt Chapman
Rafael Devers
Josh Donaldson *
Eduardo Escobar *
Manny Machado *
Mike Moustakas
Max Muncy *
Gio Urshela
Joey Wendle

Rebbiv would want to know their road splits over the last three seasons. I think that's a worthy metric.

Last edited:
Not being all that familiar with the number and ability of FAs at those positions, I question even if they want to play here. Here's the 2024 FA list from Cot's Contracts. ("Players whose contracts include a 2024 option or the right to opt out for 2024 are noted with asterisks. Updated 4/23.")

Second Basemen
Tony Kemp
Tommy La Stella
Whit Merrifield *
Jorge Polanco *
Jonathan Schoop :shrug:
Kolten Wong

Third Basemen
Matt Chapman
Rafael Devers
Josh Donaldson *
Eduardo Escobar *
Manny Machado *
Mike Moustakas
Max Muncy *
Gio Urshela
Joey Wendle

Rebbiv would want to know their road splits over the last three seasons. I think that's a worthy metric.

I assume that Colt Keith is their 3b for 2025. Maybe Jace Jung or Hao-Yu Lee will be ready @ 2B in 2025? Still need upgraded bats at those two spots for next year. They may have to trade for somebody???

FA list change there will be more. 2B is most needed in my opinion. I also think Keith is up next season, '24.

Last edited:
the Tigers have a lot of work to do this off season. My guess is they will be as bad or worse next year. It is likely going to need 2 new starting pitchers as well as 2B & 3B.

the Tigers have a lot of work to do this off season. My guess is they will be as bad or worse next year. It is likely going to need 2 new starting pitchers as well as 2B & 3B.
Maybe if the young guys regress but the offense has to be better purely by accident, eh? As far as pitching hopefully Mize comes back and continues where he left off. But yeah they will be bad.

Maybe if the young guys regress but the offense has to be better purely by accident, eh? As far as pitching hopefully Mize comes back and continues where he left off. But yeah they will be bad.

The offense can't get much worse! The starting pitching might be worse. They are very likely to lose E Rod and Lorenzen was really good as well.

Back