Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Royals Game 158 September 27 2023

byco42

Game time: 6:40 p.m. Comerica Park

ESPN Gameday

Tigers SP: Tarik Skubal 7-3 2.95 0.92
Royals SP: Jonathon Bowlan 0-0 0.00 0.00 MLB Debut

Detroit Tigers (74-83) -10.0 2nd ALC 6-4 W2

CF P. Meadows L
3B M. Vierling R
1B S. Torkelson R
RF K. Carpenter L
DH M. Cabrera R
2B Andy Ibanez R
LF Akil Baddoo L
SS Javier Baez R
C Jake Rogers R

Kansas City Royals (54-103) -29.0 5th ALC 8-2 L1

3B M. Garcia R
SS Bobby Witt R
1B S. Perez R
RF N. Velazquez R
DH E. Olivares R
2B Nick Loftin R
CF Drew Waters S
C Logan Porter R
LF D. Blanco R

7% Precipitation
64? Wind 13 mph In
LINE DET -198
O/U 7.5 Runs

BR Game Notes

Freep Sports

Last edited:
I.ve read cot's contract a few times, but this year's page shows for the first time, I can recall. that the Tigers owe Cabrera 8 million in 2024 and 2025, that cannot be right!

I.ve read cot's contract a few times, but this year's page shows for the first time, I can recall. that the Tigers owe Cabrera 8 million in 2024 and 2025, that cannot be right!

essentially, he is under contract for 2024 and 2025 for $30M each year. There is a one time $8M buyout that the Tigers have to pay him to void those two years.

Tarik Skubal, whose 2.21 FIP/2.8 fWAR, leads the major leagues since the All-Star break with the second least innings pitched of the top 30, makes his final start of the 2023 season.

Reese Olson in Sept.
3-1
31 IP
15 H
9/25 BB/SO

?He?s one of the greatest hitters of all time.?
I talked to Tom Glavine, James Shields, Corey Kluber, Chris Sale, Trevor Bauer, Zack Greinke and other pitchers Miguel Cabrera faced the most in his 20-year career.
Inside Cabrera?s journey to 3,000 hits.
Zack Greinke on Miguel Cabrera: "I played against him in his prime a lot of the times I faced him. He was the most complete right-handed hitter I've faced. People that you could compare to him, I didn't face them as consistently in their prime." #Tigers

Miguel Cabrera trolling his teammates during postgame interviews will never not be hilarious.
Even when he wasn?t in the spotlight, all eyes were on him. ????
https://twitter.com/i/status/1707053383574516186

Colt Keith is an Eastern League All-Star! With Erie in 59 games, Colt had:
?.325/.391/.585 slash
?14 HR, 34 total XBH, 50 RBI
?Won Player of the Week TWICE
?Named Player of the Month in May
?Went 6-for-6 with a cycle and two home runs on May 16, a feat never done in MLB.
2024 in Detroit!!!

Tyler Holton deserves credit for the Detroit Tiger of the Year (if that is a thing).
82.1 IP
2.19 ERA
0.88 WHIP
31.8 HardHit% (MLB Avg. 36.3)
5.4 BB% (MLB Avg. 8.4)
.231 XOBA (MLB Avg .316)
What an incredible pickup by Scott Harris this offseason.

Jeff Greenberg speaks on his experience being a part of a World Series championship team back in '16 with the Cubs and the lessons he will take into the Tigers clubhouse as the new GM. MLBNetwork
https://twitter.com/i/status/1707088965986054559

Last edited:
essentially, he is under contract for 2024 and 2025 for $30M each year. There is a one time $8M buyout that the Tigers have to pay him to void those two years.
What if he retires on his own? At least 8m not too bad.

Is this an official game yet if it?s not resumed?

No. It also wouldn't be counted under the current rules; it would just be started over from the beginning (or potentially just not played at all if it has no effect on any standing). For Miggy, let's hope the rain lets up. (edit) Hmm, suspended, and mlb.com is showing it as resuming tomorrow where it left off. I guess the new rules either aren't set in concrete, or mlb.com hasn't caught up.

Last edited:
No. It also wouldn't be counted under the current rules; it would just be started over from the beginning (or potentially just not played at all if it has no effect on any standing). For Miggy, let's hope the rain lets up. (edit) Hmm, suspended, and mlb.com is showing it as resuming tomorrow where it left off. I guess the new rules either aren't set in concrete, or mlb.com hasn't caught up.

Yah mlb.com is showing double header tomorrow, early game 110pm, pitchers TBD, later game time TBD, pitcher gipson-long

I looked around on a few more sites, and the changes to the rules in 2023 are clear about some of the other aspects, but it appears that the changes didn't include rescinding the covid changes in 2020, which is when they started the resumption of games at the point when they were suspended if they hadn't become official yet (15 outs for the visiting team when the home team is leading, or 15 outs for the home team if they are behind). The first site that I looked at implied that those games would now be wiped and resumed as a new game, which doesn't appear to be the case.

I saw earlier somewhere this season where a game was picked up were it left off. Suspended. I know they did it in some games in the later innings. Frustrating if they don?t just pick up where they left off.

Last edited:
Back