Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Royals Game #46 5/23/2023

Come on miggy shut me up !

Needed that at at with the bases loaded.

Last edited:
Lmao

That 3-1 pitch was a ball to mckinstry with bases loaded .

Last edited:
The Cabrera contract might go down as the worst in Detroit sports history

It may. He never won a title got to only 1 World Series. He did hit some when he was good but we didn?t win a ws. Bad contract.

Last edited:
Tigers 7th

Greene. BB
Baez. Pop out to Ss
Spencer T. 6-4-3 inning over.

Last edited:
Tigers cannot geta hit with the bases loaded.

Seem that way. Last one I remember was Rogers Grand slam on Sunday a few weeks back against the cardinals. Tigers sadly gave that lead right back and lost that game. He was unlucky he smoked the ball. To bad his mom and dad are in the crowd tonight.

Tigers need some runs in the 8th.

Maton F-7
Vierling pop out 2nd basemen
Miggy fly out somewhere

Last edited:
Kc leaves bases loaded also in this game of shit baseball verses shit baseball.

All we need is 3 runs to tie and 4 to take the lead. Freaking umpire missed that bases loaded walk

Tigers 9th

Ibanez 6-3
Rogers K?s
Schoop BB
Haase K?s

Only kc?s 7th win at home. Back to back shit outings by Our ace. Same thing happened in Washington. Took game one and lost the
Last two. Isn?t Grenike the Tiger killer ? Need to win tomorrow.

Last edited:
https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/miguel-cabrera-ties-rod-carew-for-most-hits-vs-royals
Miggy ties Carew for most career hits vs. Kansas City Royals. Oh, and Tigers lose 4 - 1.
Tigers official site

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-royals/2023/05/23/718049/final/box
Boxscore and videos.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/5...cap-final-score-eduardo-rodriguez-mike-mayers
Royals 4 - Tigers 1: Tigers threaten plenty, don?t score much.
Detroit loaded the bases twice, and didn?t score either of those times. You don?t win too many games that way.
BYBTB

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...s-against-royals-series-tied-1-1/70247340007/
Tigers' offense stymied in 'frustrating loss' against Royals, series tied 1-1.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...e-score-recap-kansas-city-royals/70250021007/
Detroit Tigers shredded by unlikely starter Mike Mayers in 4-1 loss to Kansas City Royals.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2023/0...guez-with-help-from-error-top-tigers-4-1.html
Royals get to Eduardo Rodriguez with help from error, top Tigers 4-1.
Mlive

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/05/23/watercooler-wednesday-86/
WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Today, another opportunity for readers to discuss the hottest topics in a forum where thoughtful dialog and a variety of opinions are welcomed.

Let?s create some running conversational threads. And for those of you back in actual offices, here?s a question to take with you ? or use via Zoom ? as you talk to your co-workers.

Here is today?s topic??..

The Detroit Tigers have worked their way up from last place and are currently sitting in 2nd (through Monday) in the AL Central. The 1st place Twins are playing just barely over .500 ball in what is known as MLB?s weakest division. The Tigers are just 2.5 games behind them.

Every team in this division other than the Twins is playing under .500. The White Sox and the Royals are 2 of MLB?s very worst teams. The way things are currently looking, there are only 3 teams in the AL Central in the running.

Albeit it?s early but given the Tigers? position, and the division, do you think there?s a chance that they could see the playoffs this year? Maybe not as the division winner but potentially as a wild card team? They are currently 6 games out from gaining 1 of those slots and the team has been playing increasingly better baseball since their horrendous start in April.

What do you think?

Given their division, do the Detroit Tigers have a chance to reach the playoffs this year?

1. I think it's possible.

2. Stranger things have happened.

3. Not a chance.

VOTE

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/05/23/watercooler-wednesday-86/
WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Today, another opportunity for readers to discuss the hottest topics in a forum where thoughtful dialog and a variety of opinions are welcomed.

Let?s create some running conversational threads. And for those of you back in actual offices, here?s a question to take with you ? or use via Zoom ? as you talk to your co-workers.

Here is today?s topic??..

The Detroit Tigers have worked their way up from last place and are currently sitting in 2nd (through Monday) in the AL Central. The 1st place Twins are playing just barely over .500 ball in what is known as MLB?s weakest division. The Tigers are just 2.5 games behind them.

Every team in this division other than the Twins is playing under .500. The White Sox and the Royals are 2 of MLB?s very worst teams. The way things are currently looking, there are only 3 teams in the AL Central in the running.

Albeit it?s early but given the Tigers? position, and the division, do you think there?s a chance that they could see the playoffs this year? Maybe not as the division winner but potentially as a wild card team? They are currently 6 games out from gaining 1 of those slots and the team has been playing increasingly better baseball since their horrendous start in April.

What do you think?

Given their division, do the Detroit Tigers have a chance to reach the playoffs this year?

1. I think it's possible.

2. Stranger things have happened.

3. Not a chance.

VOTE

I voted not a chance. There are 7 teams ahead of the Tigers fighting for 3 spots. All 7 of those teams have positive run differentials, the worst being Boston with +11. The Tigers are -51. They have scored the least number of runs in the AL. There is no way in hell they are making the wild card. I think they are over achieving right now. Their record will get worse, not better.

I voted not a chance. There are 7 teams ahead of the Tigers fighting for 3 spots. All 7 of those teams have positive run differentials, the worst being Boston with +11. The Tigers are -51. They have scored the least number of runs in the AL. There is no way in hell they are making the wild card. I think they are over achieving right now. Their record will get worse, not better.

I hate to be pessimistic here, but I agree.

a couple weeks ago when KC posted we were done with AL East teams til July, I expected this team to really start to pull it together, and sweep some series with lousier opponents, but it looks like: 1) that didn't happen and 2) will NOT start to happen now.

Frustrating top of the 5th for the Tigers

Baddoo Single
Rogers grounds into a double play.
McKistry singles
Greene singles
Baez singles Rbi.
Spencer hits ball hard but first basemen gobbles it up.
Tigers up to 6 lob?s

this inning was killed by the DP to start with. The game was/is moving too fast for me to make a commit in game these days.
I was thinking Tork needed to hit a homerun so as Baez would not run into a base running mistake. Gee what a thought? Well I guess any out is a bad out with runners on base.

I hate to be pessimistic here, but I agree.

a couple weeks ago when KC posted we were done with AL East teams til July, I expected this team to really start to pull it together, and sweep some series with lousier opponents, but it looks like: 1) that didn't happen and 2) will NOT start to happen now.

Tigers play ATL, TEX, MIN, AZ in May and June. 21 games. We'll see if they survive that skein.

Back