Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Twins, Game 112, August 7, 2023

byco42

Game Time -- 6:40 p.m. Comerica Park

ESPN Game Day

Tigers SP Joey Wentz -- 2-9 6.37 1.60
Twins SP Pablo Lopez -- 6-6 4.01 1.12

Detroit Tigers (49-62) 3rd ALC -9.0 3-7 L1

Confirmed Lineup
LF Akil Baddoo L
CF Riley Greene L
3B Matt Vierling R
1B Spencer Torkelson R
RF Kerry Carpenter L
DH Miguel Cabrera R
SS Zach McKinstry L
2B Nick Maton L
C Jake Rogers R

Minnesota Twins (59-54) 1st ALC +4.5 5-5 W4

Confirmed Lineup
1B Donovan Solano R
DH Jorge Polanco S
SS Carlos Correa R
RF Max Kepler L
C Ryan Jeffers R
2B Kyle Farmer R
3B Willi Castro S
LF Jordan Luplow R
CF Michael Taylor R

BR Notes

Freep Notes

Random Twins' Player

Twins' Uniforms 2023

Last edited:
Yeah, im really hoping we see a solid start from Wentz tonight to follow up his good outing last time.

Yeah, im really hoping we see a solid start from Wentz tonight to follow up his good outing last time.

I haven't seen him pitch at all this year, but looking at his game logs, it appears he sucks. 6.37 ERA & a 1.60 WHIP isn't very impressive.

Last edited:
Nothing like losing the game in the first inning..

Tigers are getting really really good at that lately..

4-0 them.

1 fucking out.

This sounds like they are rolling over and packing it in. just my opinion.
A lot of shit going on since E-Rod opted out at the last minute, and it doesn't matter if he has a right to do this, he has shown since last year with the 10 week ghosting of the team that he is all about himself. Just about every single player that clown shoes got in return is not performing; Baez, Meadows, and lesser name players. It would not surprise me if AJ either opts out and leaves for a more stable team, or that Harris has him become the GM and they get another manager.

Hey Joey was traded to the tigers on my son?s birthday in another great Avila move.

Transactions
June 9, 2016: Drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 1st round (40th pick) of the 2016 amateur draft. Player signed June 15, 2016.

July 31, 2019: Traded by the Atlanta Braves with Travis Demeritte to the Detroit Tigers for Shane Greene.

I just don?t understand why Meadows or Mallory can?t get a shot in Detroit ? Toledo is 13 games under .500 and not playing for anything.

Rosters only expand to 28 in September so not everyone can get called up unless they send some guys packing.

Mlb rules on September call ups.
From Sept. 1 through the rest of the season, active rosters will expand again to cover 28 players, no more no less. Teams can carry 14 pitchers at most too to cut down on the endless parade of bullpen arms that often made September games a slog. The hard cap at 28 is an important distinction from Septembers of old

Lange has walk 3 guys in each of his last three games. Then he a hits a guy.
Guess we have another head case. It?s all between his ears.

Back